NRG WONT REV UP!!

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Jay_Jay, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Jay_Jay

Jay_Jay New Member

I recently bought a piaggio nrg power DD LC 50cc 2009 plate (had it about 3-4months)

I had some problems with it ( it wasnt running at all -_-) which i posted on here.

Some good news and some bad, I found the problem as to why it wouldn't start, and it turned out that the choke wasnt moving at all, so got a new one of those fitted it and now my peds starts nice and easy.

Now to the new problem. Once my peds starts it will now not rev up at all ( i can hold the trottle open all the way and my peds is only at 2000rpm.

I had this problem just before my ped stopped working. So when I was trying to find out what the problem was i took the carb off (so i could clean it) it was fine put it back on, the screws for the jets have moved, and had been told that that could be why my ped now will not rev up so have adjusted both of them (screwed them both in fully, fully out etc) and i had been told that you need to put them at a specific point and it should work so I tryed that and no luck still will not go, whilst adjusting the screws at one point the revs picked up to about 3000 ish but then just instendly went back down again to 2000. (which isnt far of what my ped used to sit at when on tick over)

Haven't been able to ride it in just over a month (and that's starting to become fustrating now :L)

So can anybody think of any suggestions as to why my ped is being like this??????????

Thanks

2. Sam Atkinson

Sam Atkinson MONSTER NRG POWER

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DD
    i have the same problem m8 but mine revs up a bit higher than yours n i can only doo 30mph n when i let off my revs it dies down n cuts out and wont start for like 5 mins but a few of my m8s r thinking my carb is blocked n i need a bigger jet because its gettin starved of fuel so try that , am sortin mine out on monday so ill tell u if it works :)

3. GUNS

GUNS the usual suspect

Rides:
    racing SP70 & LX172
    is that model fitted with an immobilizer ??

4. Sam Atkinson

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DD
    no its not well mine is not

5. jongrey

jongrey New Member

hi all, am interested in this as sons scooter is only revving up to 4000 on full twist and will not idle, starts first time when cold. have checked the carb, all good. checked the piston and cylinder, noticed slight scoring so have replaced with new thinking this will sort it, nope :( still starts but only revs to 4000, any ideas

thanks for any thoughts

6. HexLec

HexLec New Member

Hi. is it a 50 2 stroke if so, usually there is a funnel type re-stricter in the manifold end of the exhaust held on by two spot welds .you'l need to remove this .get you self a file and remove that bi*ch,

7. HexLec

HexLec New Member

also sound like you might have a earth ground problem .check that the engine is grounded to the scoot frame

8. HexLec

HexLec New Member

9. jongrey

jongrey New Member

hi Hexlec, its a 50 2 stroke the exhaust has been de-restricted and has been running well for about a year then i got the call. broke down help :) and its not been on the road for a month while i scratch my head :0 never worked on scooters before but done alot of time under a bonnet, thanks for that will check earth point

10. Sam Atkinson

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DD
    i have put a bigger jet in mine and cleaned out all my carb n filter n reed block and it is still the same :( my friend says my piston ring could be going or i might need a open air n put some lighter rollers in

11. Fruddy

Fruddy New Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 ditech
    Burn it m8

12. jongrey

jongrey New Member

think you could be right
    Piaggio DD LC 08 plate
    good clean example
    thrash to an inch of its life :rolleyes:
    for me to fix

13. Sam Atkinson

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DD
    mine is pissin me off i feel like doin that too lol

14. Fruddy

Fruddy New Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 ditech
    BURN THE BAG OF POO!

15. Sam Atkinson

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DD
    its because of the fuel and air mixture is wrong and lower your rollers abit it should work then

16. Sam Atkinson

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DD
    Found the problem in winter time when air is cold n thin u need to down jet and lighten your rollers and upto u to put a open air on it worked for me should work for u :)

17. Sam Atkinson

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DD
    One word guys fixed , what u guys need to do it get a new air filter and higher or lower your depending on how much air you have coming in and lower your roller weight by 1 to 1.2 gram from what you have in now :) it worked fine for me av just fixed mine n been out onit building more than 7000rpm :)

18. jongrey

jongrey New Member

great news Sam,
    have replaced the air filter, when i did the cylinder and piston, am checking the electric's to see if that makes a difference, not sure what weight rollers it has got in it but that be the next thing to get looked at along with the drive belt.

19. Sam Atkinson

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DD
    nice 1 mate keep me posted on your bike , n am sorting my fuel and air mixture out soon because mine is running abit lean :confused:

20. mossy

mossy New Member

Rides:
    piaggio nrg power dt

need some help i have a piaggio nrg power dt ac and when i am riding it will rev for about 1 mile then i will lose all my revs and it dies and comes to stop i have took it to 3 garages and they all did different things i have spents loads of mney on the problem but its still not fixed coud any one help me please?