Nrg Tuning ?

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by BenNRG09, Nov 29, 2009.

1. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

if you want to ride around on your scooter on a regular basis, then forget about high end evo kits, they are for occasional and race use only...

im still waiting to see someone who uses an evo on a regular use, starts every morning for college/work without fail scooter ;)

go for a rep, corsa or stage 6 racing with a C16/ city16 type of pipe and a 21mm carb, it will be quick enough to beat any 70cc scoots you come across on the daily commute, and quicker than 4t 125's (which is mostly what i see out and about these days) ;)

2. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Stage6 racing is a single ring as you know dave. In my eyes that puts it in the same unreliability area as an evo. If anything the evo 2 is more reliable due to not having a butterfly exhaust port.

I wouldn't say single rings are unreliable... They can last for thousands and thousands of miles. Just they need lots of maintenance. New rings/pistons very regularly compared to anything else and if you don't do this of course it will be unreliable.

I am however planning on using an evo or something of the sort as a summer commute so i'll see what happens. :beg: :p

3. mgyz3@hotmail.com

mgyz3@hotmail.com New Member

Rides:
    Gilly 172
    Is that 125 NRG from hatfeild sure Iv seen it around?

4. rideorcollide

rideorcollide Active Member

Rides:
    TYPH 172
    nah, wandsworth lol

5. BenNRG09

BenNRG09 New Member

Rides:
    Nrg
    Stickin a new Air filter on tommorow so that should solve my speed problem :amen:

6. bait

bait Active Member

nope but it will solve the problem of you having nothing 2 spend money on youll need a box of jets to go with this filter

7. WheelieKidSr

WheelieKidSr New Member

Rides:
    Sr50r With Renthals
    itt will run shit mate! no point unless high revving 70 and carb

8. ma11b

ma11b New Member

Rides:
    nrg power
    the standered airbox on the nrg is pretty good m8

dont go wasting money on an open filter that potentially make your bike worse (water in open filters=not good )

if you want to do anything with it try using a malossi foam insert

have your tryed different rollers to sort out the speed problem?

not to sure on the polini 9 roller variator but surly 3 of one weight and 6 other weights aint gunna do it any good?

9. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    i ain't being funny but if your planning on only having this for a year, keep the colour ect mint don't fibreglass anything and get a mhr rep yasuni c16 gear up and the like and then save for ur 125 and get that ready, this is a mint bike i'm guessing it's 08-09 so it's worth like 1,500 then you could get that back with the 70 kit ect..but yeah bar conversion would be nice as you can just put ur normal clocks back on.

oh and the air filter, did you try cleaning out ur carb first or puttin in fresh rollers or checking your belt and varaitor for wear / loose bolts ect. spending £11 on some shitty filter on a 50 is pointless and in the winter dangerous, nothing like cutting out on a junction at rush hour o_O

10. bait

bait Active Member

lol 1500 gregzz ur a dreamer take 600 off that then a further 1 or 200 more and youd be closer

11. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

im using a stage 6 racing at the moment for my commute to work bike, so far so good...
    hasnt needed any real special maintenance yet, im still on the original piston and ring,

i actually beleive the stage 6 racing is more reliable than an evo, as it doesnt rev as high :hmm:

ive noticed everyone i know of who has brought an evo kit, fits it to great fan fare, then disapears without trace when it all goes pete tong...

i hope you keep us informed on project evo commuter, i think your crazy, but on the other hand i hope your right ;)

12. BenNRG09

BenNRG09 New Member

Rides:
    Nrg
    Ahhhh My Crankshafts Just Gone :banghead:

13. ma11b

ma11b New Member

Rides:
    nrg power
    have you got a 70cc kit??
    i thought it was standered and new?

if so than that shouldnt happen so quickly

well gives u the opertunity to start modding

14. BenNRG09

BenNRG09 New Member

Rides:
    Nrg
    Nahh not yet , Thats what i get for using a 50m spacer on my variator instead of the 52mm .Ahh win some you lose some
    Yeahh now im jus gona look to get a decent crank ready for a 70s kit

15. rideorcollide

rideorcollide Active Member

Rides:
    TYPH 172
    LOL how on an 09??
    did it snap?

16. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    OH SHIT MY SPARK PLUGS LOOSE, THE CRANKS GONE

17. PrettyDodgyDave

PrettyDodgyDave Member

Rides:
    Runner 180
    looool greggz :lol:

and you must be pretty pissed under warrenty take it back(with standard parts)

18. bait

bait Active Member

alie thers no way ur cranks gone even with a smaller spacer your crank has no reason to be fucked what makes you think it is

19. BenNRG09

BenNRG09 New Member

Rides:
    Nrg
    I Took it down they bike shop and they rekon the cranks fuked .But luckily i went ther today and said the damage isnt to bad ,all it needs is a pulley and the starter gear ,Then theyre gona put a gear up kit on

20. BAMFORD#139

BAMFORD#139 New Member

Rides:
    APRILIA SR50 FACTORY
    swr this is still a 50... if it is can i ask why your putting a gear up kit on...isit gna make much of a difference