NRG Power DD 2005 Birthday Project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Subw00fer, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
    well, the old one didnt work, and i don't know where i'd put the button my my handlebars.. plus it seems too boring using an electric start, i'd prefer to kick start it! Plus i'm trying to shred as much weight as possible, big or small it will make a difference eventually

2. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
    engine rebuild starts this week hopefully, excited!

3. Nathanael

Nathanael Active Member

if you go to the locl hardware store they will probably have a plastic or rubber bung the right size that you can fit into the hole to keep dirt out.

I used a small one to block off the hole in rear of cvt cover when emissions stuff was removed. A blod of superglue to hold it in place and hasnt come out since.

4. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG

i work in a garage so i'm sure i'll find something, if not i'll just go look for one. Is that the bit where the exhaust gas box leads to? i took that out but forgot to put something in it haha, i will this time though

5. Nathanael

Nathanael Active Member

Thats the one :)

6. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
    just read through this whole thread again and i've come quite far haha, few months ago i was a total noob and now i'm rebuilding my engine and i know quite a lot about tuning and stuff:D seriously can't wait to get this project going again

7. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
    new case and malossi crankshaft arrived today, the guy didnt do the bearings though so i guess im going to have to those myself!

[​IMG]

8. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
    i know how to fit aerox wheels now so i think at some point i'm going to have the only NRG in the UK with aerox wheels:)

9. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
    started rebuilding the engine today, got the bearings in, got the flywheel, stator and waterpump out of the old block but i need a new waterpump as the old one was pretty messed, besides its better to replace it anyway, so that's been ordered and the rebuild shall continue wednesday, pretty excited :D

Dandruff37 likes this.
  10. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
    ordered a new oil pump belt for good measure, and a set of new rear wheel nuts as mine are pretty rusty and crap, plus i only have 4 so might aswell get 5 new ones

the list just gets longer and longer!:oops:

11. ramon777

ramon777 The newkid on the block

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    Thats always when u start rebuilding them sub.
    Have it with te rocket too.
    Now i have a new front fork, i get in trouble with the cooling system ( radiator )
    So have to find a new place for it.

Subw00fer likes this.
  12. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
    Little update: Waterpump and crankshaft have been fitted by the bike shop! More updates soon (possibly tomorrow:D)

13. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
    Well, i have updates!

this is what the block looked like today at 1 o'clock

[​IMG]

shortly after
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and at 15:30 today, everything in, all pipes connected. not bad for 2 and a half hours!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do have a problem though, when i tried to kick start it, the kick was extremely stiff, and didnt want to spring back very well either. I havent touched it since i took the engine out and it was working fine before that, i took it off at least 3 times and made sure everything was sitting right etc. So on monday we're going to try get it started with the electric start, fingers crossed

14. Scooter-Noob

Scooter-Noob God among idiots

Rides:
    AEROX in box's :-D
    put a little lube on the kick start parts on the case cover.

15. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG

i've done that, the mechanism works fine when it's not attached to the block

16. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
  17. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    do u actually still own it or is someone else selling it?

18. ramon777

ramon777 The newkid on the block

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    well you did a lot of work today i see :D Used your time usefull hahah :p i also used my time verry well today, not on a scooter, but on a car ^^ my car :p something with more wheels xD some thought it would never happen xD but yess it dit hahah :p

19. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG

yeah i still do, it's been sitting at my work pretty much since i put the 70 on it

20. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    why not just sell the zip and focus on doing getting this done properly?