NRG just bogs and cuts out

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by iJordz, Jul 6, 2012.

1. iJordz

iJordz Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG mc3
    Finally managed to start my NRG today so I took it for a spin, it struggled to pull off and was bogging until the clutch kicked in then the usual hairdryer noise start and it took off. When reaching around 50mph it starts cutting out and bogging badly. I have to release the throttle and put it back on, then it 'might' pick up. While it was out it totally cut out and wouldn't start so I had to push it home (LONG).

I've tried tweeking the carb but no difference at all...I managed to stop to excesive smoke coming out the exhaust thats's about it.

Someone please help

2. rickstar

rickstar piaggio zip

Rides:
    zip 50cc
    it sounds like wat my bike did try cleaning out the carb and bowl and try cleaning the petrol tank mite be a bit of shit in there

3. iJordz

iJordz Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG mc3
    Alright mate thanks, I'll try that in the morning and let you know

4. caine aerox stalker

caine aerox stalker Member

sounds abit like crank seals but work u way up check for good spark fuel gettin throw clean carb out ect 7

5. rickstar

rickstar piaggio zip

Rides:
    zip 50cc
    thants ok jordz yeh let me no how u get on mate

6. iJordz

iJordz Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG mc3
    Just an update... due to the horrible weather I haven't bothered to start on the bike but if it gets nicer anytime soon I'll be straight on it

7. rickstar

rickstar piaggio zip

Rides:
    zip 50cc
    yeah i know my bike needs a new oil pump and i got a project bike to do but the weather is so shit :( were u from any way

8. iJordz

iJordz Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG mc3
    Managed to get an hour without rain and cleaned out my carb and petrol tank.... but how do I get the fuel to go down the line into the oil pump... I think I need a new one tbh!

I'm from essex mate, you?

9. rickstar

rickstar piaggio zip

Rides:
    zip 50cc
    yeah i think u mite need one if the fuel is not going throw and im from south west

10. iJordz

iJordz Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG mc3
    update, it stopped starting and turns out it was a spark plug that was a week old. But its back to bogging again...carbs all fine, brand new plug plug, it does start but just bogs and cuts out. Or when I touch the revs it dies, what could it be?

11. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    try adjusting the mixture screw but make sure you know where you started from...go half a turn at a time

12. iJordz

iJordz Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG mc3
    No matter where it idle screw is it bogs out... could it be the jets?

13. rickstar

rickstar piaggio zip

Rides:
    zip 50cc
    mite be a fuel problem

14. iJordz

iJordz Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG mc3
    What could I do though..

15. rickstar

rickstar piaggio zip

Rides:
    zip 50cc
    try to empty the tank thats wat i did n clean it out then put new petrol in it or could be the oil pump

16. iJordz

iJordz Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG mc3
    I've cleaned out the tank, the carb and everything. I'm gonna clean out and upjet the carb after work

17. rickstar

rickstar piaggio zip

Rides:
    zip 50cc
    yeh try that let me no how u get on

18. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    Try the mixture screw not the idle

19. caine aerox stalker

caine aerox stalker Member

mate i had this problem i went out on my bike in the rain 10 mins later it started to bog anova 10 mist it cut out got it goin but would not move badly bogging then it cut out and wouldent start i fort it was carb water in it cleaned out dident do a thing so got new plug br8es and it started but as soon as i touched the revs it cut out so i got a br9es plug and it was fine so wot plug u got in nw or it might be bad cdi not giving a good spark

20. iJordz

iJordz Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG mc3
    I just bought a br9es plug it starts but cuts out after a couple seconds. Its got be something with the mixture.. Can someone explain the mixture and idle screw to me. I know what they are but screw with way for what?