NRG DD Carb problem

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Alfie99, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Alfie99

Alfie99 New Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG DD stock
    Hello Scooter Shack members, I am new to moped modding and don't know much about anything to do with bikes really but I am having an issue with my carb.
    I decided to clean it as it was looking very dirty and has been sitting for a year before purchase and all was running (ok) before I took it out (had an issue idling but still run if I held the throttle).

I took it out and cleaned it up nicely and let it to dry before I put it back in. I done by best to put it back how it was (probably not correctly) and I'm now running into what looks like a huge fault.

I have recoreded a clip of whats happening in slow mo and uploaded it to give you the best chance of helping me (MUTE THE SOUND ITS VERY LOUD AND DISTORTED) -

Many thanks in advance

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Your engine is flooding, badly. And possibly you just blew your crank seals out.
    And that carb doesnt look very clean :/
    And... your engine is turning over too slow

3. Alfie99

Alfie99 New Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG DD stock
    All of that just from trying to clean the carb? I sprayed cleaner through the holes and let it dry how could something like that happen

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Float has got stuck open...

5. Alfie99

Alfie99 New Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG DD stock
    Wow okay thank you! I opened it up once more and found I put the float needle the wrong way o_O I'm was about to upgrade the carb anyway so should I go ahead and buy one and drain the engine do you think? How do I go about doing it?

6. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Just take the spark plug out kick it over a few times put the plug back then should start up

7. Alfie99

Alfie99 New Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG DD stock
    Thank you broooo :cool:

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah, as above.
    Worth changing the plug really.