NRG 140cc twin engine in progress.

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by MARSH, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Yeah, don't i just know that problem:confused:
    Understandable with the flywheel magnets though, high voltage from the mig welder will degrade the power of the magnets. Nice to know you got it sorted though.

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

any progress mate?

3. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Not to bad, still having issues with ignition. Have ordered two new pick-ups to try, as soon as I rev it up it start's to miss fire, tested pick-ups and found different Ohms readings??

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

hmmm maybe they are causing interference with each other? could be worty running wasted spark (can you do that on a 2 stroke?) and see how that goes?

5. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I have thought about that, I'm thinking it's not creating enough power to run two cdi's? It start's on the button first time every time, tick's over great, come to pull away and it's missing and running on one cylinder! I need to check the stator again to see what I can do.

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

have you tested the coils? its worth checking that. how differnt are your resistances in your 2 pickups?

7. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    One at 105.6 ish and 125 ish, they should be within limits but who know's! I now got 2 new pick-ups, I'll change the stator as well.

8. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    A little update, Have cut up two stator plates to make it with two ignition coils and it work's a treat! It goes like f*ck and want's to wheelie off the throttle, just need to jet it a bit more, rollers/clutch etc. It's like a light switch, a bit flat then revs pick up and off it goes. Might need to fit primary gear kit up as well as the secondary it's got in already! 2015-07-03 23.13.05.jpg 2015-07-03 23.13.18.jpg I need to rewind the coils to get some power out to charge battery but that should'nt be to much trouble.

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

nice! video soon?

BunnyMum likes this.
  10. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I've cut and remade the outside pipe to fit a touch closer! 2015-08-27 07.26.08.jpg 2015-08-27 07.26.46.jpg 2015-08-27 07.27.05.jpg 2015-08-27 07.26.27.jpg

BunnyMum and ReverendSkipper like this.
  11. ReverendSkipper

ReverendSkipper Member

Rides:
    PiaggioSkipperST125
  12. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Would you consider selling when its done?

13. mrhappy

mrhappy Member

good work

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
  14. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    It would be stronger leaving the wheel where it is or you could machine a wheel down to the hub, then machine a flat surface on the outside, have a ally block made up between that and your second wheel then machine the inside of a second wheel then bolt it together?? Use a long "snug"steel bar in the splines to keep it lined up.You would need a long shouldered hub nut to use a Tsab bracket or the like?? Also you will need TWO ignition pick-ups on the stator to run the cdi's! that is one thing I have learnt.
    Yours sincerely, "the fucking twat". ;)

BunnyMum and mrhappy like this.
  15. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

any more updates on this?

16. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    To be honest I've been dragging my arse, I've put the front panel on, air filters but not much else. I know I need to get it sorted but I 've got other stuff on the go all the time!

17. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i know how that is, my drag car has sat untouched for nearly 2 years.....

MARSH likes this.
  18. mrhappy

mrhappy Member

any up dates

19. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    The question is would you want to buy it? Or I could sell you the joint idea so you can build your own!!

20. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

strict build laws here in norway, its easier to buy an already modded bike instead of going through the process with all the forms and applications