NO LIGHTS!!!

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by bikerbeynard, Nov 7, 2016.

1. bikerbeynard

bikerbeynard Luke

Rides:
    gpr 125 ,mbk rocket,
    hi i have bough tmy self an aprilia sonic motor for my yamaha bws.The aprilia engine is the same as the air cooled version as the aerox,they use same engine in yamaha jogs and neos.i am going to use the easy boost subframe to fit the horizontal engine.the problemis when i connect the aprilia engine into my wiring loom on my bike i have no problems starting it but i cant get the lights to work on the moped.When i plug my bws engine in the lights run fine.Ihave changed the stator to a yamaha bws one but still no luck. im waiting ot get the subfrajme till i know i can run the lights but was wondering does the engine have to be mounted into frame for lights to work....something to do with earth on frame or something.any help would be great

2. bikerbeynard

bikerbeynard Luke

Rides:
    gpr 125 ,mbk rocket,
    so just to make sure people know !!The aerox engine is not in the frame and the original engine is

3. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    make sure the motors earthed i would say .
    is the stator meaty enough to power the lamps ie if the bws had stock 55w and the sonic only had 35w stock, its possible the stator is just not meaty enough to provide enough power to keep all systems running ?

maybe do a rewire direct to the battery for lamps cutting out the need to draw from the regulator rectifier ?