No fuel/oil getting to cylinder/carb.. ?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Chubz, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    iv been having problems with my aerox, and still cannot get it started.. i beleive the oil and petrol isnt getting to the cylinder ... iv checked that both hoses have petrol and oil coming out when kickstarting , and they do..so i put petrol down the reeds and spark plug hole and it revved to max rpm untili turned the key off.....and wouldnt fire up

Does this mean i need new reeds? or could anyone tell me why my oil and petrol isnt going through properly?

theres no blockages in the pipes, and the 17.5mm carb is brand new as is the std airbox,.. its really bugging me and im not getting anywhere by myself o_O sorry if it sounds like a stupid question but im clueless and would really appreciate any help /info / advice :)

Thanks

2. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    anyone? oil and petrol not going thru to cylinder....

3. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Have you checked the reeds?... if they dont open, you dont get any mix in the cylinder.

How is your plug if you try to start the engine?... Is it looking wet? That would be a way to see if the mixture arrives to the cylinder.

Did you add anything to the engine recently?... was it working before with the same config?

4. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    how would i know if the reeds open mate ??

and when i try starting the engine the plug doesnt get wet at all, but if i put dab of petrol down the hole it fires up and revs like mad then dies o_O

The only things i bought /changed on the engine are only a new carb and airbox as the old carb leaked badly and couldnt fix it..

5. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    just to add mate,,,

the bike was running fine but had a leak from the water pump...and then i fixed that and all was good.... then it ran out of petrol, so i put more in and from that point, it hasnt started..

got new carb didnt touch the mixture screw and i still cant start it, just so confusing as it ran fine apart from them 2 problems but now wont start at all o_O

6. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

First you should check that fuel arrives to the bottom of the carb or that the main jet isnt closed somehow.

Then you can should check that the reeds open (Just open them and check they arent stuck on the bloc)

I would think it is carb related and the above steps will allow you to figure the problem out.

7. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    the reeds open a tiny bit when you kickstart it,they're not stuck to the block but are against it, are they supposed to be open a tiny bit or should they rest on the block ?

i had a feeling it might be carb related,,
    but its a brand new carb i thought if you replaced a carb it should be working properly from the moment you connect it up ?

i will have a look at it tomorrow , as its too dark to do anything now and i have no light source o_O but thanks for the help mate :)

8. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

they should open a tiny bit. Pressure opens them.

Unscrew the bottom part of the carb and check that everything is in order. :)

9. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    well we took the carb off, checked that and no blockages... jets are all fine too..

so put the reeds in the other way round and still no luck o_O

really puzzling!!!!

10. bones

bones Member

Rides:
    sym jet 50/172
    try puting the carb ect all back on put a bit of fuel down the cylinder then with everything on start the bike and maybe it will pull the fuel through as you may have a air trap somwhere

11. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Iv tried that a few times buddy,, i put some petty down cylinder/spark plug hole and the reeds, and it revved like crazy and wasnt spinning the back wheel, then it cut out once we tried applying throttle, and wouldnt re-start ....

12. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    any ideas on how much yamaha dealers, more specifically , Moore's in Hemel hempstead? or a general bike shop charge or cost to get a bike running? or does it all depend on the problem/how long it takes to find the problem?

would this be more beneficial ?

13. bones

bones Member

Rides:
    sym jet 50/172
    hmm but theres petrol coming out of the pipe if its of the carb yh?

14. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    well it comes out of you suck on the hose lol.... same with vacuum i think ( my mate did that, coz i always end up with a mouthful of petrol )...Edit- the petrol comes out in tiiiinyyyyyyy drips and when you try kickstart it, slightly more comes out

15. bones

bones Member

Rides:
    sym jet 50/172
    so if you take the vacume pipe and blow on it there should be petrol pissing out bud if not then the fuel tap it your problem try spray wd40 or brake cleaner down where the fuel line would go on the carb if it tries to start then u know the carbs fine

16. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    the carb should be fine, its brand new! lol ...

hmm, i see what your saying. it doesnt piss out really, just a small/slow dribble if that..

the fuel tap is the part under the petrol tank that the vacuum and petty hose connect to isnt it , if so, mine does look pretty manky o_O

also i dont have a radiator at the mo..but that should'nt make any difference when trying to start should it ?

17. bones

bones Member

Rides:
    sym jet 50/172
    yeah thats the tap i used to have alot of trouble on my nrg with it always had to drain all the fuels blow into in from the top and put it alll back togetha because the diaphram was worn, was a bugger as it would do it everytime i filled up in the petrol station

no the rad wont make a diff to starting bud

18. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    Ahhh,, thats probably helped me out a lot mate! theyre only 7 quid off adrenalinpedstop anyways , and its all shiny and chrome :D ill buy one of them and see what happens..

if i remember correctly, when i bought it, the bike had been sitting for a good year outside with half a tank of petrol, then i bought it and it sat around for another year until it ran itself out of petrol somehow (literally vanished out my tank from being stood o_O ) then i put new petrol in it from then on it wont go... could be blocked inside the tap ??

any ideas as to why my back wheel didnt spin when the throttle was jammed open mate ?

and i didnt think it would,... just thought i'd double check.. i really should get a radiator lol

bones likes this.
  19. bones

bones Member

Rides:
    sym jet 50/172
    um the reason your fuel magicly went is chavs usually use it in stolen cars lol nah um it evapourates in warm weather dude and thats prob the reasone the tap could be fudged it there has been stagnent fuel sat on top of the ruber diaphram and not been opening lol, as for the wheel have you got a decent/non streched belt was it running long enough for the clutch to engage, and is the clutch opperating as it should lol

20. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    lol i know .. bloody chavs haha,, nah nobody can get into my garden without me knowin lol ...but yeah, well, thats cleared that up why my petrol dissapeard haha...thanks ,,

i know what your sayin bout the tap being blocked in some way, so best off just replacing itt,,.my bets is that its got a lovely big lump of something in it..

erm, well my mate said you wouldnt be able to use the kickstart if the clutch is buggered, not sure how true that is?? and its got a brand new Malossi belt in there so shouldnt be nout wrong with that .. the kickstart mechanism is a bit fooked tho, a couple of the teeth inside have tiny corners snapped off... It just revs to top Rpm with the petrol down the s/p hole or reeds and doesnt go down in revs unless you turn it off by the key o_O