NGF 172 kits

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by revolution, Apr 4, 2012.

1. revolution

revolution Member

has any of the maxi tuners on here tried or seen one of the ngf kits? look good value for money at half the price of the malossi kits and is said to have pretty much identical ports, was thinking of buying one for the gilera and buying another one to stick in the shed, instead of just one malossi. any thoughts or suggestions? thanks ngf.jpg

2. northrider

northrider Member

ive heard pretty good things about these haven't personally used one pm said they got 22bhp with a pm59, 25 mil carb and some port correction. the ports are said to be pretty rough so i would get them corrected seeing as your not paying a lot for the kit

3. revolution

revolution Member

yeah ive seen some good reviews about them aswell, for £126 posted cant really complain, thats 70 kit money for a 22bhp kit, will give it a go and write up a review about it, going to order it now :)

4. ramo

ramo GoldMember

I could be wrong but I swear even a Malossi needs more than a carb and pipe and minor porting to be touching anywhere over 20bhp?

5. revolution

revolution Member

it is just a claim from pm tuning so its most probably nowhere near that, id be happy for 17-18 with a carb and standard pipe for under £130 though tbh ;)

6. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    The ports are rough as hell. Look up shiny red tuning on fb he's got loads of info about this kit.

7. revolution

revolution Member

yeah had a look but they are easily repairable i suppose, only getting one as a tester kit to see what i can get out of it, and if all goes well i'd have saved over £100 so its worth a try i suppose

8. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Just needs port correction from what I've read.

9. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    cons are from what i have read, poor fitting, the head bolts need widening to line up correctly? and as said the ports are rough. however if you know what your doing they are said to be good kits with decent power

it will most likely be my kit of choice and have it sorted by whoever i buy it from for some extra money

10. revolution

revolution Member

yeah read about the poor fitting but nothing a bit of drilling wont sort out i suppose. ive had a malossi and pm kit in the past on a dragster and sr so would be nice to see how these compare. wonder if shiny himself will touch them?

11. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Well he does port work on them ?

12. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

How many topics does there have to be about the same kit?

Buy a malossi. It's a cheap copy. It needs work even to fit it/use it so the cost of the work doing is going to come up to what the malossi item would be anyway.

13. UnluckyChris

UnluckyChris Member

I have got one on my Derbi and it seems fine. It hasn't had any additional work other than fitting it and it runs great. I am getting a little less power than I did using the same setup with a Malossi, but it is decent imo. With the Malossi I got 22.5hp, with the NGF I get 20hp.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

14. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    So how comes no one apart from malossi does AC 172 kits? Or have i missed some sort of revelation?

15. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Maybe its to do with LC being more common? That or something super technical like NGF running out of tracing paper o_O

J4CK likes this.
  16. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    LOL

I've never built a LC (not for myself anyway) and find it a lot easier and much more hassle free with air cooled bikes.

17. bashyy21

bashyy21 Beaut!

i have just fitted 1 on my friends runner he just had a malossi and tbh we cant tell much if any diffrence but the bikes only running a 21mm carb mal crank and scorp exhaust

18. PedBoyEd

PedBoyEd Member

just a question, would one of these fit on an aprilia sr 125 as they are the same engine ? just hook up a leccy pump ?

19. UnluckyChris

UnluckyChris Member

Well yeah, you could convert the engine to liquid cooled. A bit of hassle though having to mount a radiator and coolant hoses. I did see a kit for sale somewhere the other day with everything included to do the conversion.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

20. PedBoyEd

PedBoyEd Member

oh right nice one mate ill have to look into it, as the AC malossi kits for aprilias are twice the price of them NGF kits