newbiee with a yamaha aerox please help starting problem!!

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by kanetoevi_2010, Nov 5, 2010.

1. kanetoevi_2010

kanetoevi_2010 New Member

hi there i am new to the forum and could really do with a bit of help, i have a 2008 yamaha aerox yq 50, i have only owned the bike for about a week but i am having trouble with it.
    basicly the problem is stating, i started it earlyier and it just cut out, eventualy it decided to start and managed to get me to my destination, i then parked the bike up for about a hour and half and went to go home and it started and cut out again, i have not been able to start it since then.
    i have took the spark plug out and it seems fine.
    any people have any suggestions on what it could be?
    thank you

2. YogiAerox0393

YogiAerox0393 New Member

Rides:
    Aerox!
    Re: newbiee with a yamaha aerox please help starting problem

The Spark plug should give a good indiction in what the problem is, clean the spark plug, out it back in, try to start the bike, without using the throttle... keep tryna start it for a while. then chck the plug...

isit wet?
    isit bone dry?
    whats the colour like?

also check your coolant level!

3. BossMan172

BossMan172 Member

Rides:
    aprilia sr 172

sounds like u need a new spark plug and new reeds are needed.
    both cheap/quick/easy things to do.

4. kanetoevi_2010

thanks for your messages, i got the bike started it runs but then when i leave it and go to start it i keep having the same problem. i have took the bike down to a garage they cleaned my carb and done a service as that had it working, but i got it home when the garage shut and it started playing up again, i have checked the bikes spark and it is sparking and i have checked the compression and that is good to, i have to ring the garage tomorrow to tell them that i keep having problems? where can i buy reeds from? i have checked the coolant level and refilld that as it was quite low.
    thanks people

5. kanetoevi_2010

bump still need help people.

6. cabbron

cabbron New Member

have you gapped the plug-may well spark ok when out but if a tad wide it will be too weak.seen this a few times.best off with new plug aswell.reeds available at any good ped shop.

7. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

take it back to the garage, they serviced it to rectify the problem, but its still not fixed....

it will be a simple, idle mixture, spark plug issue or something :glare:

8. Burns

Burns Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia sr50

hi, i have been having the same problem with my partners bike, same problem as yours. i disconnected the choke and heated the plug and it runs rine. connected the choke back up and the same problem. its a manual choke btw.

my dragster also did this last year with the auto choke, disconnected nd heated the plug and it was fine.

worth a shot?

EDIT: both of the bikes i have done it on have the same engine as your aerox

9. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

a couple of years ago i rode all through the winter with no choke at all...

can of easy start under the seat ftw, quick squirt into the air box...kick...ringa ding ding :grin:

make sure its Bradex easy start though, as it has an upper cylinder lubricant, so is 2 stroke friendly ;)

10. Burns

Burns Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia sr50

Ahh nice tip there Davde il have to grab a tin when im off buying some new parts tomorrow