Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by Anton wright, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Anton wright

Anton wright New Member

Hi new to all this sorry to need help straight away my girlfriend gave me her Peugeot elystar 125cc the front calliper is sticking on the speedometer doesn't work and when get hot it comes to a stop becouse of the calliper? What's coursing this to happen and what do i need to do to sort it out thanks in advance

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Calipers tend to stick because of dirt thats collected in them being upfront and getting a lot of road water and road dirt on them.
    you would need to pull the caliper off and have it cleaned , maybe even have new piston seals replaced .

if its a non digital speedo, the main cause is either the speedo drive hub that fits on the wheel or the cable has worn. those two tend to be them most common causes of a non digital speedo failing.

And welcome to the scooter shack Anton

3. Anton wright

Anton wright New Member

Thank you very much for the advice tamiyacowboy a will get them done again thank you !

4. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

I had a caliper that was fine cold and as I rode it got hotter and tighter. Within 5 miles it had seized tight. Previous post says it, full strip down of the calliper I'm afraid.

5. Anton wright

Anton wright New Member

Thank you