Newbie with a problem

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by Paul Thomas Scott Fulker, May 28, 2017.

1. Paul Thomas Scott Fulker

Paul Thomas Scott Fulker New Member

Hi just bought a new Lexmoto Milano 50cc
    I've done 15 miles since I got it no problem, but now it won't start, feeling a bit disappointed as need it for work so need a little bit of reliability
    The engine turns over but doesn't catch and fire up, help! Thanks

2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    First order of buisness - check your plug,whip it out and lay 'long side top end for spark.

3. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    yep check spark

remove plug and plug it back into the lead. now touch that onto a metal part of the scooter and give the starter/kickstart a few goes, you should see a spark .......

put plug back in and give it a couple fires on the kickstart/starter , remove the plug again and check its getting wet . what we mean by a wet plug is it should have a wet look to it where unburnt fuel is , if this plug is bone dry your problem lays with carb and fueling issue.

now check the carb and all its pipework , are they secure has any pipe fallen off if so this could be what we call the vaccum line it opens and closes the fuel pump feeding fuel into your carb if this gets a hole in or falls off your bike will not start because of no fuel in the carb itslef

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Side stand switch?

5. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Hang on a minute...did you say NEW.? -
    take it to the dealers & get him to sort it assaap.!.;)

6. Paul Thomas Scott Fulker

Cheers everyone for your help, no spark! will get in contact with dealer asap!, i had a suspicion
    it might be the side stand switch, can you just disconnect these? It looks like it may not have been assembled right, oh well onwards and upwards!

7. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Had a dodgy sidestand switch on my works bike,mucked up the lo jack and reported me as having a 150+ breaks a day.:):).

8. Paul Thomas Scott Fulker

I think it could be that as I just disconnected it and it bloody well started, then died, battery reading 12.5v so it's in charge - fingers crossed it's that

9. Paul Thomas Scott Fulker

No luck still no joy gave up for today lol
    Will have another go tomorrow, it started briefly then died again :-(
    Cheers

10. Paul Thomas Scott Fulker

Hi due to work haven't sorted scooter yet, speaking to dealer this Saturday
    I've got a spark and everything is reading well when I use the multimeter, plug look a bit to dry so I'm guessing it's a carb issue! Frustrating to say the least!