Newbie Tuning section?

Discussion in 'Comments / Feedback / Suggestions' started by bertie, Dec 25, 2009.

1. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    Was thinking you could add a newbie tuning section which may decrease the amount of roller and jetting topics clogging up the main forums.

Just a thought.

2. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

in my experiance, people dont bother reading 1st...they just post up anyway :glare:

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ye this might be a good idea actualy..... can leave all the idiots to argue among themselves about exhausts and rollers... saves the tardy questions being in the normal boards (ye it is mean to jump on people that dont know anything off the bat... seems only fair to leave them a place to ask siully questions, somwhere where the semi skilled have place to hand advice and somwhere for me to plain avoid)

4. Dominic

Dominic New Member

I think it would be a good idea as well. Any newbie questions could be moved straight to there and that would be the end of it.

5. PrettyDodgyDave

PrettyDodgyDave Member

Rides:
    Runner 180
    lol like a sort of ignore corner? :lol:

doubt itll work though theyll just spam the rest of the boards when they are getting no answers?

6. Dominic

Dominic New Member

At least the mods will be able to just move the threads straight into that section if they do.

7. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    saves me ranting on at people left right an centre about jetting/roller/pipe/what's the best 70 kit/cheap tunning (LOL) questions...

8. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    could make it so members with less than 50-200 posts, only see that newbie bit and once u get past it you unlock the normal bit..sorta like the for sale save the new guys flooding other bourds to get a answer to theres ...and EVERY member is emailed the rules and told to search before posting.. just an idea

9. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    shouldent have to email people the rules.. they SHOULD read through any contract befor they sighn it (literally what your doing when you accept the t&c of any site) so ye, not my fault if somone breaks a rule they didnt know about, its there own for NOT knowing. same as the law, just because you dont know your breaking the law doesent excuse the fact you are...

but ye, minimum post count would work in there, be FAR too much administration having it hidden untill a certian ammount of post counts as it means assighning another ranking system then applying everyone that rank once they reach a post limit (like the vip section) its a pain, but ye minimum post count to post is an easy thing to do. fuck knows where terro is (can only guess he's on holiday) so ill have a chat once he's about :)

10. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Eh I'm here? Was having a bit of a christmas break though. Not had much time to do anything but flick through.

Post counts don't work as e.g. one of team dwarf signs up then has 0 posts and can only post in the retard section. :thumbsup:

Trying to work out how it would work in a way that wouldn't mud up the information in general.

As for the rules and search... In introduce yourself theres a massive thing with a link to the rules at the top of the page... Theres a search right under the banner on every page and every time you make a new topic it lists topics with similar titles!! Just people don't give a fuck.

11. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    newbie zone would still be good i recon.. even if it is full of shit id only delete otherwise.. whats it matter if theres page after poage of nonsence? i wont be reading/answering it..

12. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

you wont be able to help your self :yahoo:

youll think to your self "i'll just take a peek at this newbie section, see whats going on"
    and you'll see someone answering a question....well like a newb really...and you'll be like
    "what the fook"....and replying all over the place ;)

13. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Just a thought on the newbie section, do it with the post count (can't post out of it until 'x' amount of posts) but when you sign up, there could be like a drop down box which asks you what your knowledge on scooters are? So if you know a fair amount, and not a complete tard then you wont be trapped to the realms of the newbie section? Yes I can already see a couple of flaws in this, like tards straight away going to "2t tuner pro" or what ever would be in the box and start spamming the board.

Or failing that, if they own an aerox straight away lock them to the newbie section for ever LOL
    again, was just throwing ideas out there for you to toy with? :)

14. Blue dwarf

Blue dwarf New Member

Watch it mate :glare: we resemble that remark :grin:

15. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    I see you guys finally put my idea on the forum :)

I hope the new section works by keeping the others un-clogged, plus when Minor runs out of bandwith he can just go 'BAM' *Delete everything in newbie section*

16. Purplepill

Purplepill Member

Seems like no-one wants to be the first to post a thread in the retard section though :lol: proper echo in there....

17. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Yeah I haven't actually had time to move anything over yet and all the other mods are lazy useless cunts.

:mrgreen: