Newbie to scootershack

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by Hazbo, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Hazbo

Hazbo New Member

Hi, I've had a honda vision nc 50 scooter for about 6 months now and have just started having intermittent problems with it. Changed battery, spark plug in the last month. Sometimes my scooter will work great but just recently I've been left stranded - when I turn on the ignition it's dead - no lights or anything. Last week it died on me as I just left the house. Went back an hour later and it started fine. Left it chained up last night as it died on me again. Took the trailer to collect it this morning and it started up fine. Typical! Any help would be appreciated as I need it for college and need to know I can get home each day!!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  2. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

Sounds like a wiring or switch problem. Basically it's difficult to diagnose a problem like this online.
    All I can say is when it is completely dead try connecting/disconnecting your battery wires and/or wiggle as many as you can with the ignition switched on to see if you can replicate the fault.
    If you can get access to the ignition switch that might be where your problems lie?
    It may be something as simple as a loose wire or connector.

3. Hazbo

Hazbo New Member

Thanks. Will try suggestions and start the process of looking at wiring.

4. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Probably isnt this BUT you mention you changed your battery and your spark plug

Double check that the terminals are properly tightened down on your battery and make sure that the spark plug cap is properly on the spark plug

As gillburton said sounds electrical

5. Hazbo

Hazbo New Member

After pushing the scooter again last night up and down hills decided to bite the bullet. Took it to local scooter shop and they put it on diagnostics tuen e out it was a corroded ignition wire. £54 but not a reliable ped again

6. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

What year is the scooter as there are many models using NC50 vision.
    I only ask as if it's an older one it may be worth getting something newer.
    Not quite sure why the diagnosis would be only an ignition wire if your scooter was completely dead as nothing should be working eg lights, starter etc. If it was just ignition everything would probably work it just wouldn't start?
    Anyway I assume from the relatively small cost it didn't take much to find it so labour didn't amount to much.