Newbie here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by Eck, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Eck

Eck New Member

New to the forum. Looking to enhance my knowledge and offer my respect to all. Thanks for the add!

I live in the USA, state of Alabama.

I own a 1978 Safari MT300 and I am in the process of doing a 100% restore on it. Also looking for a few oarts for this rebuild so if you happen to have an old Safari sitting around and want to sell a few parts please contact me. Thanks!

2. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

3. Eck

Eck New Member

Thanks @gilburton, I have been in touch already with Myronmopeds and TreatlandTV. Both infact were very helpful with information and rebuild parts related to the motor. Thanks for the info, but I am looking for parts that neither sell, so if anyone has a Safari laying around they want to part out or part with, please let me know.

4. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

5. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

What parts are you looking for?

6. Eck

Eck New Member

Stevep , the parts I am looking for are:
    * - Right hand side floor board - This is the only part I am completely missing from my bike.
    * - Original tail light lens - mine is broken out and missing a large chunk.
    * - Front and rear spoke wheels - Both of mine are rust & pitted pretty badly. If I can not find any I will have mine powder coated.
    * - Every original decal on the bike
    *- I may need a gas tank- Mine is rusted up inside pretty bad, but I am in the process right now trying to remove all the rust. Hopefully I can.

gilburton, Many thanks for the shared links. I will search them and see what I can find. Many many thanks! I never thought of it being called something else in Europe.

7. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

The tail light will probably be a standard Italian light/lens in much the same way that Lucas and Wipac supplied the UK industry.
    Try searching for the make of lens rather than the model of moped. It will probably have it on the lens.
    Wheels will probably be easier to get made up than find good quality used ones.

Looking at pics of your model the rear light looks very like the ones fitted to the Moto Guzzis of the period so try a search for CEV rear lights?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  8. Eck

Eck New Member

Many thanks I found a replacement lens per your instructions. Using CEV