Newbie 183 dragster owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by Chris1985, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Chris1985

Chris1985 183 Dragster (suicide machine)

Rides:
    183cc dragster
    hi

I’m Chris recently purchased a 183 shiny red tuned dragster, I’ll be honest I was always a gilly fan as I had the 180 2t and was an old S reg so was drumb back brake lol

Love it had the usual 25mm pm 59 etc so was always up on one wheel

But my god !!! That was 15 years or more ago

And now I’ve just got a 183 dragster

And without swearing it’s a monster, I thought my old gilera was quick but this is savage

Tbh I’m even debating selling it as it’s that twitchy spins out with the slightest bit or rain and the ajp brakes are about as good as a chocolate tea pot

So just thought I’d say hello and it’s good to be bk on the 2 stroke scene

Attached Files:

Lee co and scubabiker like this.
  2. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Welcome

I have a mate with a dyno confirmed 35hp on a 183 tuned gilera it’s twitchy to say the least lol

Lee co and Chris1985 like this.
  3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Cool.
    Tuned 2 strokes are too fun. My mate has a 500cc 2 stroke with like 70rwhp...
    Don't sell it you will regret it

Lee co and Chris1985 like this.
  4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

What rubbers on the rear?
    You need good sticky branded tyres on that thing..........
    It may eat them for breakfast but..........

MARSH, Lee co and Chris1985 like this.
  5. Chris1985

Chris1985 183 Dragster (suicide machine)

Rides:
    183cc dragster
    REAR TYRE IS DEESTONE

I just bought the bike 2 weeks ago love the engine but finding it very difficult to source panels as theses ones are the original 19 years old, and showing their age and tbh past saving as cracks and missing clips etc typical zip tie job o_O

I’d originally envisaged to strip body powder coat frame wheels etc polished side case and fresh panels or carbon all round but that’s not looking likely as there rare as f@#k

Then I thought it be just easier to find I nice example of a gilera and use the engine from the dragster. As it’s looking ridiculous to get parts for also the brakes are poo I know that you can either upgrade to gilly or get the psn easy bleed callipers

But like I said your either a PLAYSTATION OR X BOX fan

Ie gilly or dragster fan

I’m a gilera fan

So if any one has a gilera 180 standard or semi tuned throw me a msg

Px or swap open to offers or has a full bike less an engine

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    Lee co likes this.
  6. Kamikaze

Kamikaze New Member

Rides:
    NECO GPX 50 LC
    Hello mate, thanks for the message, by the sounds of it we have both reconnected with our love of pecs through our sons coming of age to have them themselves. That said it sounds like you are a bit ahead of me with the Dragster. I've starting again small with a couple of 50's. My love of peds started back in the day when I was 12 with the original Honda vision but then over the following years went on to own pretty much every type of scooter that was about back then, Vision Metins, Jogs, BWS'S, Skippers, Runners, but my biggest love was for the Typhoons. I probably owned more than 10 and have had 50's, 125's aAND BACK THEN A FEW 80's as well which are rarer than hens teeth now. Anyway at present I've got 2 Neco GPX 50 LC's, one mine and the other my sons. You may not know what they are but basically they have the horizontal minarelli engines and so when I was out looking to get my son his first ped for he's sixteenth and managed to stumble upon this wicked looking bike that I had never seen before AND was a two stroke (because as we know all new bikes these days are 4 strokes) I knew that was what I had to get him and then a month later ended up getting another one for myself. Obviously they were as slow as shit at first, restricted to 28mph but gradually as he gained a bit of road experience I started to fiddle with them, cdi, pipes, jets, variators, clutch, and last weekend I put a 70 borekit on his but haven't been able to see what it's saying yet due to struggling to bleed to coolant system because they don't seem to have a bleeding nipple. I'll suss it out but got bit frustrated with it on Sunday so haven't touched it since. Anyway that's enough from me. Cheers, Kamikaze C.

scubabiker likes this.
  7. italjetdan

italjetdan New Member

Rides:
    Italjet Dragster 70
    Got 2 rear panels that need a bit of work as some guy that owned them before me mullered the rear lower back seat getting it out if your interested ?. That & got a full bike breaking ( Be that only a 50 ) that I have used for spares on my own project.

8. Lee co

Lee co New Member

Hi Chris it's Lee from Leeds you bought this insane crazy tuned 183cc from me my friend you had a test ride on it down my street and you loved it me and r kid put the shiny red tuning 183cc engine in as I originally blew up the malossi 172cc that was in it.but yes suicide machine it certainly is I had loads of fun on it took it well off the clock I avoided the wet weather for your reason for wanting to sell it did you sell it mate as I would certainly be interested in buying it again cheers