New to it all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by Jrezky, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Jrezky

Jrezky New Member

Hi guys! I'm buying a scooter from a friend in the next couple days, and like usual I am trying to do my research into how to maintain it well, know what to look for from day one, and maybe just a little bit into what mods, if any, I might want to undertake at some point down the road.
    The subject is a '09 Kymco Super 8 150. I am from the San Francisco area, however looking for parts and stuff on ebay I found many more parts coming from the UK so I took that to mean there might be a bigger fanbase over there. The main reason I am buying it is that I am returning to college and parking at the campus nearby is a nightmare, and motorcycle parking is right up front. My friend moved to Sacramento and doesn't want to take it with him, so it is a happy coincidence.
    Anyway, I'm here because I thought I might take the opportunity to engage with a new community I'm about to become a part of since I intend to get my hands dirty. I hope to learn some things and have some fun!
    If anyone has any advice for a new scooter owner, any specific experience with a Super 8 150, or anything else I should look into or avoid as a rule, I'm here to learn!

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Welcome to the Forum.:):).

Stick to a bog standard bike till you get familiar with it.;).
    Get some good security for your ride.
    Most of all,have a blast.:):).,

Mark.

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Welcome.
    Here in europe 125cc is more common, but the only real difference is the piston and barrel.

4. roniweaver

roniweaver New Member

Hey, welcome to the forum.

5. Jrezky

Jrezky New Member

I am super excited to start riding! Someone previously broke off a small ring of plastic from the scooter in question trying to bypass the ignition lock, even within a gated apartment complex, so I do intend on buying some additional deterrent. Thanks for the welcome guys!

6. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Make sure to park in site of CCTV.?. & Not just from the 1 angle.;).