new shape runner chassis number location?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by skipper-pilot, Dec 30, 2009.

1. skipper-pilot

skipper-pilot New Member

anyone know where the frame number is on a new shape runner? thought itd be in the same place as the old shape but no, cant find it anywhere :confused:cratch:

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    inbetween your feet next to the battery i think it is?

3. cjrunner1

cjrunner1 New Member

The battery is in the seat :/ petrol cap is in-between legs only chassis number i know is in the seat on a sticker :)

4. PrettyDodgyDave

PrettyDodgyDave Member

Rides:
    Runner 180
    battery is in the seat bucket isnt it :confused:cratch:

Is it not still punched onto a tab in the seat bucket =/

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    im being retarded and thinking of an sr again....ignore me

6. skipper-pilot

skipper-pilot New Member

Yeah its on a sticker in the seat bucket, but it must be on the actual frame somewhere? Bet its at the back of the frame, I haven't looked there yet.

7. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    from what i can find on all the sites about the vin number SHOULD be where they all are, its based on the stock gilera runner frame wiht a couple changes for the pannels... if ti doesent have one, its not the bike the pannels belong to basicly. (no reason to remove it other than the fact its the wrong number)

get yourself to a piaggio dealer, look about a new bike for the chassis number, if its not in the same place on yours then its a ringer plain and simple. having a sticker is NOT enough (hence they use 2) so yes your seat bucket matches the v5.... the rest of the bike has ZERO identity

8. skipper-pilot

skipper-pilot New Member

I thought this too but after checking last night to see if the plates been chopped off it looks like it hasn't, no unioriginal paint, no grind marks under the bike.

Cjrunner you've got a new shape? Could you confirm what minor said? I'll go to a gilera dealer today and find a new shape trunner I think,

9. cjrunner1

cjrunner1 New Member

I shall have a look today and let you know where mine is :)

10. skipper-pilot

skipper-pilot New Member

Thanks mate would be much appreciated :mrgreen: already tried the dealers but none are open as its NYE :glare:

11. CheekyThomas

CheekyThomas New Member

RH side of the bike, on the frame rail heading upwards behind the passenger footpeg :good:

[​IMG]

12. CheekyThomas

CheekyThomas New Member

ZAPC461 = 50cc 2t carb
    ZAPC462 = 50cc 2t Purejet

ZAPM461 = 125cc
    ZAPM462 = 200cc

13. skipper-pilot

skipper-pilot New Member

:mrgreen: thank you very much mr cheeky youve just made my day :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

14. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    while wewre on the subject tom, where the hell are they on the et2 as i can only find the sticker on this one?!?!

15. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

I told ya you nob head.

[​IMG]

16. cjrunner1

cjrunner1 New Member

Lift seat. Lift out helmet storage compartment. Chassis number is stamped into the frame across the scooter just in front of the battery.

17. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    thought legally the vin number has to be readable from the outside of the vehicle? so says mr dvla? :confused:

18. skipper-pilot

skipper-pilot New Member

as a thought maybe we should have a topic in the guides section detailing where to find the frame and engine numbers on all the most popular makes and models? and where possible list the prefix numbers for each year and model?

would help newbs when looking at a second hand bike, not many people (in my experiences anyway) check engine and frame numbers when buying and ultimatley could end up with a stolen bike.

if we had a list of the locations and prefixes then it would help people who dont know where they are.

19. cjrunner1

cjrunner1 New Member

Good idea
    Traditional Vespa. PX 125 / 150 / 200. T5 Classic. Etc.
    Lift the seat. Remove engine cover (off side) by turning the off side lever near the seat hinge, outwards. Chassis number is stamped into the chassis near the rear.
    Vespa ET4, ET2, GT 125 / 200, GTS 250, Vespa LX / LXV.
    Lift seat. Lift out helmet storage compartment. Chassis number is stamped into the frame across the scooter just in front of the battery.
    Hexagon 125, 180 & 250.
    Remove seat by unscrewing the knob in the boot. Chassis number is stamped into the frame toward the rear.
    Fly 50 / 125, NRG, Skipper, Sfera, Typhoon, Zip 50 / 100. Gilera Runner (all versions), SKP (Stalker).
    Chassis number is stamped into a plate on the off side below the foot boards. You do not need to remove anything, just look under the scooter.
    Ice 50
    Remove the black central cover over the oil tank filler. The Chassis number is stamped into the main chassis tube on the off side just below the oil filler cap.
    Liberty, Free
    Chassis number is stamped onto a plate attached to the frame on the off side above the cooling fan cover.
    Velofax
    Chassis number is stamped into the underside of the rear carrier (part of the frame).
    X9 125, 180, 250 & 500. B 125, 200 & 500. Nexus 250 / 500, X8 125 / 250,
    MP3 125 / 250.
    Lift seat. Pull up the internal carpet at the rear. Remove the small panel in the floor toward the rear. Chassis number is directly below.
    DNA, H@K, GSM, RCR, Coguar and older Gilera motorcycles, Nordwest, GFR etc.
    The chassis number is stamped into the right hand side (off side) of the head stock.
    Diesis 50, 100
    The chassis number is stamped into the right hand side frame tube, underside near the rear of the scooter and beside the frame cross tube. A duplicate of the chassis number will not be found in any other location.

20. skipper-pilot

skipper-pilot New Member

this one isnt strictly true as we have seen in this topic. is that guide off gileraspares?

good guide though :good: