New shape aerox 70cc tuning issue

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by JamesB AEROX, May 13, 2018.

1. JamesB AEROX

JamesB AEROX Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 2013 on
    So i have an issue trying to tune my aerox.

Recently made it a 70cc after i blew the crankshaft seals. And got it back and now trying to tune the carb. I moved the rollers up to 4g and the issue im having is its running better with the idle mix all the way in and im confused.. the revs climb with the screw in and when i back it out the revs start to drop... its meant to be the other way round and im not sure what this means.

It prefers to run rich aswell as its running too rich. I tryed switching from 70 to 72 then 74 main jet but dosnt make a difference.

Set up:
    Stage6 pro replica exhaust
    Stage6 oversized variator kit (no torque driver)
    Stage6 sport pro clutch
    Stage6 air filter for the standard box
    Stage6 intake
    Stage6 vforce3
    Stage6 Streetrace 70cc kit
    Malsossi 21mm carb with manuel choke

With all of this you would thini it would run mint but still having issues. Might go up to 4.5g rollers but i want to sort this issue out first

Suzukistreetmagic1 likes this.
  2. Suzukistreetmagic1

Suzukistreetmagic1 Member

Your out come was ?

3. YamahaOvetto91

YamahaOvetto91 Member

Sounds like the timing is all off with this, you screw the idle jet in and it will idle faster, outwards it will idle slower, if your running it too rich then you'll burn out the plug as the same with it running too lean, you'll need to find the right jet size , if you have a sport exhaust you'll need to upjet for that and compensate , then because you have changed the carb you'll need to upjet because you have a bigger carb I'm presuming it was alot smaller on the 50cc , I remember the 100cc being a 17.5 and I upped to a 21mm carb , i seriously upjetted I think I was using like a jet in the 100s to obtain perfect riding , your looking for a caramel colour with your plug , if its black its burning to much oil and it's running to rich if its white then to lean , check your plug buy 3 plugs , change jet put new plug in ride it for a little while say 2 miles max then get it home cool it down and then check colour of plug if its caramel colour then you should be ok on the plug , with the carb I would look at some of the jetting options you can get , it's all about trial and error when you mess with carbs not all bikes are one and the same

scubabiker likes this.