New RS125

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by cringer, Feb 18, 2009.

1. cringer

cringer New Member

Righto - some dozy bint in a bmw trashed my runner yesterday so i'm looking for a replacement ready for my lovely insurance cheques to come thru the post (twas her fault)

Anyway i'm thinking of goin g all out and blowing my load :w00t: on an aprilia rs125 new one. (might get 1 year old depending on finances)

What i was wondering was 'as i leave my bike outside at night' what are the issues with owning an aprilia rs125??

is a relatively new shape one reliable - are they susceptible to damp if left outside??

So any tips or advice will help..

Ta :drool:

2. CZYNRG

CZYNRG New Member

Its Aprillia.. There kinda unreliable if not looked after mate..

I would blow it on a CBR 125 tbh.. Its Honda there reliable as fuck mate!

3. CZYNRG

CZYNRG New Member

Becuase my mums bloke has a RS sat outside and its forever blowing the clutch and anything else it can break, its unreliable.. Yeah its better looking than a CG.. I'd have a CG there good bikes reliability is what he asked for

4. numanoid1704

numanoid1704 New Member

5. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    buy another cheap runner and spend the rest of the squash getting your test done. then buy a decent bike, 125s arent worth the arsing about.

6. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    Er no you always seem to call things pieces of shit,. the cbr is a completely different engine to a cg and its alot more then plastics that are different

My mate has one. does miles to work and goes to see his girlfriend in bristol every weekend which is 250 miles round trip

How much more reliable do you want a 125?

7. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    yeah the CBR 125 is actually based on the CB125 motor but thats technicality.

the CBR is a commuter bike, the RS is a sports bike for fair weather bikers with deep pockets.

do yourself a favor and stick to autos, or look around for a teezer 125.

8. Kieran

Kieran Active Member

Rides:
    st
    mito never let me down.. yet :w00t:

9. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    you want to write to the guiness book of records and get them to publish that.

10. scary_leary

scary_leary New Member

11. dave89

dave89 New Member

rs 125 all day long over the cbr and yzf :pimp:

12. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    the only thing i will say for the 125 is it's the best handling bike i've ever ridden.

13. cringer

cringer New Member

TBH i am a fair weather biker that uses bike 1 or 2 times a week depending if gf days off fall on diff days as otherwise we car share.

And as for reliability i ont get an rs125 with less thn 12 month manufacturers warranty remaining - so it can go wrong as much as it wants during that time - ill least ill get more value for money if they kep having to put new parts on it :pimp:

Def gonna go for the rs125 yeah

plus they seem to hold good residual so there must be summat good about them. :D

14. Mehmet

Mehmet Active Member

Rides:
    AUDI A3
    Fuck these lot mate, get a rs125 less than a year old....you will not regret and its less than a year old...so it will be a long time before it goes wrong if you treat it well....dont rag it all the time etc....run on best 2t oil etc etc.

15. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

lmao

do yourself a favour and wipe the rs out of your head, they ARE SHIT bikes.

search the forum for more info, but believe me ive known quite a few people whove had them and worked on them. if you gave me one now i sell the stupid thing they are just fucking heaps of shit

16. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

depends that is YOUR opinion.

they are alright for what they are !

i would sell a minerelli if i have one because their are heaps of shit but hey thats my own opinion

17. seanwhite06

seanwhite06 New Member

Rides:
    runner 172, zx6r
    j-nitro totally disagree mate,

they are not heaps of shit atall, they are fuking class bikes,, when they are used for what there supposed to be used for.

the only reason they have got a bad name is cuz people expect them to do things they are not designed to do.

end of the day aprillia built the race spec bike and just detuned it abit and put some lights onit!

as wobbly sed they are by far the best handling bike i have eva ridden!

my advice mate is just be honest with yourself with what your gunna use it for. if its once or twice a week, then yea go for it...

if its everyday.... 500 miles or so a week......ragging it everywhere......heck still go for it......just be prepared to spend 4k+ in 9 months ;) lmao

been there done that....... ( 3 cranks, 4 barrels, numerous pistons, 2 gearboxes, 2 clutches, and the list goes on.....lol)

18. Mehmet

Mehmet Active Member

Rides:
    AUDI A3
    YEAH BUT

He is going for a new/nearly new one....and a new bike like that wont have silly stupid problems like that......bet you had like a 2001/2002 model.

If not.....i recon you should get a DT125X....well nice bikes and quite reliable for a 2 pop and also quite nippy.

19. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

:cool:

20. chadz

chadz Member

heeps of shit that sold alot for a reason and thats not for being shit

oh oh and then get rated the 2nd best bike to corner on(buell beat it)

may need maintian alot more then a 125 4stroke but there far from shit you fool