New project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by 4strokelover, Apr 1, 2018.

1. 4strokelover

4strokelover Active Member

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Oh right yes.. I havent tampered with the loom apart from the wires that burnt so i guess it goes to the relay. As ive asked above, how can i tell whats plus and negative ?

Ps sorry if i stress you out.

2. 4strokelover

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    A little update.. she is aliiive and has all working lights ect now. I had to replace all the green wires. Just one problem to go now. The bit in the second pic just does one click when i hit the electric start button but wont fire up. My guess is my battery level as its only about 1/4 charged (battery level on dash) and the lights dim when i use the starter button.

Attached Files:

3. 4strokelover

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Update finally.
    i figured out that both red battery wires went to positive and black to negative.
    Need a new battery and variator deep clean.
    also new rollers as the state of these i dont want to risk it. 20180423_165717.jpg 20180423_165653.jpg

CGC likes this.
  4. 4strokelover

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Finally got her started and ticking over nicley.
    Im using the dodgey battery still until my new one comes so its tempurmental with the starting.
    Previous owner has used orange gasket sealant between all the engine so theres some air/oil leak between the head and cylinder. (Might be because its using fully synthetic oil)
    So ordering new set of gaskets.
    How do you send videos on here ?
    I tried for this post but have no clue.

CGC likes this.
  5. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    always a good moment when they start.

6. 4strokelover

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    It sure is. I had a little adrenaline rush when i fired up and wanted to test ride it up the road but had no panels or seat on so couldnt aha.

I have to re-apply for a new logbook now aswell as the old keeper hasent sent the v5 off and lost contact with him. Think its a v62 i have to fill in with a £25 fee
    Any info on how to do it properly ?
    I dont want to f@@k up.

7. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    yeah, just get the v62 form at the post office, fill it in as best you can and send it away. 25 pound, leave the rest to DVLA. can take up to 6 weeks.

8. 4strokelover

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    6 weeks
    It will be worth the wait i guess as the bike will definitly be in my name then.

Update on the bike tho.
    It still starts with the old battery but found out it needs a full new set of gaskets as it drips oil from the bottom
    This is going to be fun taking the engine out without a centerstand and splitting the 2 sides just to put a new one on. Definitly not looking forward to it.

9. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    had to take my starter motor out last week which is behind a plate on the centre stand, it included using a bottle of harpic to steady the bike on top of a footstool. one wrong move and I wouldv'e been bleached.

Turn the bike upside down if your restoring, it will let you get to all the seized bolts grime and everything underneath. I do remember at one time though, someone fixed a hole in their engine casing with a wine gum lol, it was still in the same state when he sold the bike.

10. 4strokelover

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Wine gums hahaha
    Its not a hole in the engine but some dodgy gasket sealent job. As said above tho i think it leaks because of the fully synthetic oil. I have read everywhere on google ect that most of the gy6 engines leak unless run with semi synth oil.
    I probably will turn it upside down (take petrol tank off first) or just prop it up like you mentioned. Ill sort of be on a time limit too as where i live my bike is in a shed but in a communal area so theres little kids about.
    Safety first aha.

11. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    you might have uneven casings, due to bad casting. you can check this by using a bit of glass to see where there are bumps, you can only get rid of bumps though, as you will create a hole if you sand to a hollow, also check the corresponding side on the other casing to see if any bumps have created an indent. use a good gasket compound with the new gasket (if it uses one) and you will get no future problems.

12. 4strokelover

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Hmmm. I might do that when the engines split as where its chinese you may be right. Im getting the new gasket set from pedparts and also some high temp sealent so use with the gaskets.

CGC likes this.
  13. 4strokelover

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Still waiting on gaskets and new battery.
    Its bogging down with any throttle because theres no cover for this airfilter.
    Is there a way of making a cover or could i cut a bit of the red filter stuff and put it in the hole on the left ?
    (The top tube/hole is the intake and the hole on the left is connected to the carb)
    20180506_105239.jpg

14. 4strokelover

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Right. The gaskets are here but dont need them now.
    The breather tube had a screw in it stopping any breathing at all. I took it out and it doesnt leak oil anywhere now so im guessing the engine had to much preasure build up and leak oil/air through the gaskets.
    Might change them anyway.

15. 4strokelover

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    This bike is starting to get more and more expensive to sort out..
    I found the problem why it starts when it feels like it and draining the battery soo quick. Looks like its had a stone or somthing in it and took all the insulation off the wires and most look like there burnt out.. Time to buy a new starter motor.. 20180516_120139.jpg 20180516_120309.jpg 20180516_120337.jpg

16. 4strokelover

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Sorry for all the posts with not much updated.

I have decided to stop this prodject as theres too much needed doing to it and dont have the money to do so

17. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Shame that, you've come so far

18. 4strokelover

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    I know man. Just going to scrap or sell this one cheap and get another with less work to do to it.
    It needs..
    New starter motor,
    Starter clutch,
    Rollers,
    Front brake switch,
    Rear brake shoes and cable (i think)
    And possibly crankshaft but not too sure about that one.
    Not really much but not enough money to get it all sorted.