New Member Need Some Help

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by tim baker, Jun 13, 2019.

1. tim baker

tim baker New Member

Rides:
    Vitacci Challenger
    I just bought a brand new Vitacci Challenger 50cc 4 stroke scooter (actually two of them) my wife's has 23 miles on it....it starts fine, but dies after exactly 60 seconds of running. It will eventually start again and run perfectly, but in order to get it started again, it takes about 15 minutes of twisting the throttle and pushing the button many, many times over and over.

The dealer who sold it to me has driven to my house twice and it started right up (because I had been riding it around the neighborhood) prior to his arrival. The hard starting only happens when I first try to start it up in the morning, after the initial start and ride, it starts perfectly and rides perfectly.

The main problem is the first initial start up in the morning, it starts then dies after 60 seconds of running, then refuses to start again. The dealer said it's fine, he can't keep running to my house every time it won't start. Something is not right with this scooter, I've owned dozens of them over the years. The other one I bought is also brand new and also a Vitacci Challenger, it works perfectly. But the other one (my wife's) starts, then dies. Can anyone give some advise please.

It's currently sitting in my carport, refusing to start. 23.4 miles on the odometer. Like I said, it started right up, but died after one minute. The dealer won't help...says it's fine.

Lastly, can someone tell me what kind of carburetor goes on the 49.9cc Vitacci Challenger scooter please. I'm gonna order a performance carb for mine as well as an upgraded plug wire and CDI from Amazon.

Thanks for any replys, Tim

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    2t or 4t ?

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Sounds like the Carb is not set up correctly, which is part of a PDI.

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    If I'd read the post properly I'd have seen it 's a 4t ! :D Check valve clearance.

5. Ian Robinson

Ian Robinson Member

Dont know much about your model of scooter, i have a piagio bev 125,if the fuel pump is a vacume one dont keep pressing the button, my manual says hold switch on for 10 seconds, short bursts wont pump petrol To the carb, i had problems with the bike stopping after fast running so ive fitted a filter above the carb so i can see if its getting Petrol, ive had a look on the internet and downloaded a picture of your carburettor, its a pumper carb like mine, if you pump it and its got fuel in should start, the pumper piston is the spring loaded rod to the right,the picture shows the carb upside down so the pipe at the top is the drain pipe, opening the screw right next to it lets the carb drain, it might have water in the fuel, then press and hold the starter button. For a good ten seconds at least to get fuel to the carb give the carb a few pumps after 10 secs, without a filter you will have to check for fuel by opening the drain screw

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019