New LED's

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by JoJo, May 17, 2013.

1. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Got my new LEDs, wired them to the Brake Light, tested it lastnight and it was pretty kool, atleast if someone goes into me now they cant say they didnt hear me or see me braking etc lol loud Exhaust, and all the back end lights up red when braking.....
    not sure whether to get one under the Bike aswell.

IMG_3292.jpg IMG_3294.JPG IMG_3295.JPG IMG_3296.JPG

2. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    i think that should do the trick.

3. supraking

supraking Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX125
    thats a brilliant idea and perfectly legal i should think

4. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Well it isnt like they're on the whole time, its just being extra careful I suppose, rather people see me as well as possible especially in the nights, and this helps :)

Still trying to find a Silencer for the Exhaust though as its a little TOO loud, especially around my area, I feel like im being a typical nuisance in the nights, like the typical chavs going around on illegal Bikes!

5. Hotflushblondie

Hotflushblondie New Member

6. Conver93

Conver93 U better check yourself before u wreck yourself

Rides:
    125 supermoto
    It's legal, if the bulbs aren't showing... At all.
    And stick some more baffles in, can get em off pedparts

7. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    You can see the LED Strip, if you look at the second picture, its behind the Number Plate on the Plastic.

8. Conver93

Conver93 U better check yourself before u wreck yourself

Rides:
    125 supermoto
    think it's legal then, should get it checked, my mum got pulled over in her car years back because a neon was showing

9. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Thats why I dont have it constantly on, its hooked to the Brake Light, so its only when I pull the Brake, and only lights up the back in the night anyway, safety on my part, not many people see the Bikes, so im making sure they see me braking in the night, they cant miss the back end lighting up then.

10. supraking

Rides:
    Honda MSX125
    as its a red light, and only comes on with the brake, you can happily say its legal.
    the no bulb on view rule is if they are a different colour

JoJo likes this.
  11. andyn11

andyn11 Active Member

Rides:
    peugeot speedfight 2
    run down to your local copper station and ask

supraking likes this.
  12. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    I've sold that Bike now anyway :)

13. supraking

Rides:
    Honda MSX125
    lol ok two reasons why im not gunna do that, one my local one is shut for customers. seems like it only gets used for cops to eat/piss. so its a 4 mile ride/drive/walk to my nearest
    and lets be honest, the cop behind the desk is gunna be useless. wont know themselves and probably wont know who to go and ask :)

14. andyn11

andyn11 Active Member

Rides:
    peugeot speedfight 2

suppose its just gona take one pissy traffic cop to have a go at it ... i always get it as ive passed my test but still like to have a 125cc or so due to the cheapness of em and i always get pulled for not displaying L plates when i dont need em lol ... always get tyre kicker cops trying to find something wrong

supraking likes this.
  15. supraking

Rides:
    Honda MSX125
    ey there is that, ive been riding the ped for 4 months without Ls and not been stopped once, which is surprising :)
    im moving up to a 125, but think if i like it i might do my direct access and move up to a 250 :)
    although that wont be till next year at the earliest. so for now sticking with the 125 :)

16. andyn11

andyn11 Active Member

Rides:
    peugeot speedfight 2
    biggest plus is the insurance comes down alot lol £60 a year for me to insure my little ped and mostly anything else 125cc or under tends to be about £60

17. supraking

Rides:
    Honda MSX125
    my ped with no ncb (but driving cars for 10 years) its 100 quid, and my area will be bumping that up abit, with 1 years ncb it will be around 80. so i cant complain too much

the 125 with no ncb comes in around 120-140