New exhaust - Less power? :S

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by [-Jebus-], Jan 8, 2009.

1. [-Jebus-]

[-Jebus-] Member

Right, been flicking through the forum alot recently to look for things on how i could attempt at improving my scoot... and from what i've gathered from what people have said etc. etc. one of the main ways forward was a new exhaust :)

so off i went to scooterattack and after reading up that yasuni's are only rly good if you have a 70 kit on and the rest of the stuff, i decided against one of those as i didn't want to go OTT on the money side of things

After looking through the Stage6 ones caught my eyes and i didn't really see any bad reviews for them so i thought to myself i'd go with one of those, as they weren't too expensive yatta yatta yatta...

i ordered a Stage6 PRO for me scoot, came within 2 days :) chuffed with delivery and stuff, but then it wouldn't fit.. but its on now :) my dads handy with grinders n drills etc. haha (no damage to the exhaust dw..)

so with my new exhaust and my friends waiting expecting great wonders we were off... only to find as soon as it hit 30 it just kinda dropped off a cliff and didn't wanna know any more :( :(

any suggestions? have i just wasted £150?? (or however much it is) or will i need to spend yet more money to get the best out of it...

Hope you can help cos as you probably would be im fairly pissed off/unhappy at the whole situation :)

2. LEE

LEE Member

if you only getting 30 you didnt take the restrictors out ;) or could be rollers

3. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

If you just bolted on the exhaust then you need to lighten ya rollers and increase main jet size, possibly clutch springs too. Could also be what Lee said about restrictors. Where it meets the cylinder was there a cone or restriction of the hole at all?

4. LEE

LEE Member

maybe endcan restrictor as well

5. mhr-typhoon

mhr-typhoon New Member

it wont be restricted if it's the PRO you will deff need to lighten ure rollers as theese are quite high revvin pipes and need to up jet by areound 5-10%

6. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    obviously didnt do enough reading, ah well, spose you learn from your mistakes

drop the roller weight..alot lol these are mainly for 70s anyway but its ok, ur pipe just isnt doing what it can on ur bike.

and go steady, stage 6 exhausts fall apart :tup:

happy scootering, thank you and goodnight.

7. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    a pro wouldent be restricted? so nether would a yasuni r because it stands for race? or the hevbo performer? all e marked pipes are restricted, christ unless it has a big FOR RACE USE ONLY on it \it will have 1 or more restrictors, check the pipe and end can. drop the roller weight,. reset your idle mix, up the main jet slightly and put the next strength clutch springs in.

8. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    someone sticky that ONE post LOL

9. mhr-typhoon

mhr-typhoon New Member

The PRO isant E-marked the pro replica is....

10. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    thought it was only the r exhaust's that were race use.. the pro being a mid race hence still restricted? dont know, i buy good pipes. if it is a pro why the hell have you bought it for a stock 50? it wont run right atall without a half decent 70 kit.

11. mhr-typhoon

mhr-typhoon New Member

nahh the Pro is deff not e marked 3 of my friends have bought it

12. [-Jebus-]

[-Jebus-] Member

right so as i gather i've wasted quite a bit of money on a not so good pipe?

and i didn't rly look for restricters as i assumed it would've been de-restricted? but i'll get my dick head dad to look for some (he won't have a clue) but he refuses to let me touch the dam thing...

so yeah - lighter rollers and up-jetted? i'll try that later me-thinks

and Dec - "Go steady, stage 6 exhausts fall apart" what you mean by that? basically they're a pile of wank im assuming haha...

and as somebody did mention you only learn from your mistakes...

i'll get back to you's on how these suggestions have helped, if they have at all :p

13. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    so you read up, then bought a pipe for a mid race setup, altho you have a standard setup? can get it setup but it wont perform as it should without the barrel its made for (port timings and pipe dimentions go hand in hand)

14. [-Jebus-]

[-Jebus-] Member

so basically i should sell that pipe to some random nob who rides an aerox around where i live and buy another one? or just spend more money and buy a 70 kit etc. etc??

15. Purplepill

Purplepill Member

Either sell it to someone who actually needs it or improve your setup, dont sell it to some retard thats harsh after you know how bad you felt about failing :confused:arc: (at least not on purpose anyway, if a random ebay retard buys it fair enough, but not well known retards in your area, itl come back on you ;) )

16. [-Jebus-]

[-Jebus-] Member

good point i suppose but still - it's probably worth getting rid of and getting another pipe i'm assuming from what's been said... lol

17. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    no, get it setup/buy the appropriate 70 kit... got the most expensive bit, why downgrade to only want a 70 kit in 3 months and then need a new pipe?

18. [-Jebus-]

[-Jebus-] Member

i guess so - and yeah i agree with you on that one about the ebay tard and the tard'ed chavs around my area catching back up on me because of it.. hah

and yeah minor - end of the day it all depends if that arse wipe i call my dad lets me or not.. because i ran it past him a while back and as soon as i mentioned it he took my head off with like "what you want one of those for you'll be learning to drive in like 8 months!" and i was like "8 months is longer than you think :confused:"

but i mean christ knows all depends really...

19. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    amen minor lol

yea sorry to say it mate but theyre made of cheese :(

o well, u might get lucky, now bang a stage 6 racing 70 kit on it, and a big fat juicy 25mm carb and a speedcontrol. your well away...

20. [-Jebus-]

[-Jebus-] Member

"And a speedcontrol" ? and in usless peoples words like mine that is...? variator/clutch?

and after reading through this full thread last night i think my dad isn't bothered about the whole 70 kit idea ;) haha who knows... time will tell