New 2019 Aprilla SR 125 (soon to be!) Owner in Bermuda

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Peter Vee, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Peter Vee

Peter Vee New Member

Hello all, new to the forum. I moved to Bermuda about 2 years ago and have been driving a 2012 Sym Symphony SR 150 for a couple years. It is time for an upgrade!

I'm picking up a 2019 Aprrilla SR 125 in about a week and I've heard that there are engine kits for the Aprilla.

The MAX engine size you can get in Bermuda is 150cc engine... (our speed limit is only 35kph)

Does anyone have knowledge of

- do they make a kit *like* the Malossi 125 - 172cc engine kit for the 2019 model?
    - what would be the best setup/tuned pipe/clutch/brake upgrades to go with this?

i see a few videos online of people in the UK with late model aprilla 125's with this upgrade and i see a boatload of people with Aprilla 50's that seem to have a lot of options online.

I can't see ANY information on late model Aprilla SR 125's having an abundance of upgrade options.

Thanks in advance... can't wait to get the new machine and having some fun.

P

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I guess it's an EFI piaggio engine?
    I'm pretty sure you can get a factory 150cc kit as so much of the world has 150cc bikes and not 125cc.

3. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    If it is the latest efi model then your not going to do hardly anything to it, a barrel /ecu kit maybe but no pipe clutch or variator will help to much !