Need urgent Help

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joe2020, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Joe2020

Joe2020 New Member

I know its not a scooter I just need help from anyones opinions at all I bought a supermoto SM BEELINE 50CC
    for £250 they said the reason there selling it as they have no room for it, it was used on a farm as a field bike but apparently was originally road legal they had no v5 or logbook because it wasnt regisitered but they also had no key they said the reason that is is because they just keep ignition on and kick start it as its easier at the time I didnt think too much of it also they stated that front break needs bleeding, and i'd need a new wireloom kit to get on the road, but its just seeming to not add up and it's super sketchy and I dont want to be out of £250 can people say your opinions on what you think and yes Im going to contact police and give them the vin to ask if its stolen, also the sparkplug was super black and ready to bust so I bought a new one but not sure if they thought it was something more worse and this is why they sold it

The picture with the caption is what I took but the one thats right next to another bike is the one they used on the add it doesnt have a plate that is the moped next to it, but the plate for that ped which is WK12CZB
    AND IT COMES UP AS BLUE AND ITS RED SO I DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK I THINK I LOST OUT BAD ON MONEY

Attached Files:

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Get a VIN check done make sure its not stolen , if its stolen you need to report you been a victim of seller fraud and give the old bobbys the name and address of where you purchased bike from .

3. Joe2020

Joe2020 New Member

Alright thanks mate is it true I can get my money back in a small claims court

4. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Check all your frame rails for no.'s,,keep all your com's with the legals logged

5. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

No, not at all.
    You can go through the small claims court and they can make a judgement, but that doesn't guarantee you'll get your money back automatically.
    The courts just make an official order for them to pay, and if they don't then it gets escalated to bailiffs and stuff.
    Plus it'll cost you about £165 to lodge the case in the first place.
    Thats why a £4.50 text check service is worth it in the first place.

6. Joe2020

Joe2020 New Member

So pretty much I have two options tell the police I wanna buy this bike can you check the VIN isnt reported as stolen or ever been registered or do it online?

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Police will probably say use a checking service or dvla, then lecture you on the merits of buying a vehicle with no matching paperwork.
    Dvla will want a registration number or V5 reference number.

You could fill in an application for a V5 registration document in your name, but you will have to give a detailed explanation of how you came across it, accompanying photos, name and address of the other party, your details, why it has no registration plate, make it available for any possible dvla or police inspection at your expense, and hand over a non-refundable fee of £25.

Then wait for a minimum of 4 weeks, or when I imported a bike from the Isle of Man, 7 weeks plus a dvla inspection plus a police inspection.
    And then, if it all goes tits up, you lose the bike completely and have to get your own money back in any LEGAL way you see fit.

Or you could apply for a first registration, which will cost you about £55 (at the last check I did), plus the road tax in advance, plus the insurance in advance, and it could still go tits up at this point if dvla find anything dodgy about it.

So, there are your options.
    Do you think you could re-coup your money if you broke it up and sold it for spares on flea-bay instead?

8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Or find a friendly copper in the family who will do the PNC check for you.

9. cancunia

cancunia New Member

Can't you just take it back and tell them you've changed your mind? Tell them about the colours and that you've been advised to go to the police but don't want any bother.

10. Incpot

Incpot New Member

Option A: as above.
    Option B: Break it and sell hoping there was no security fitted such as DataTag, Smart Water etc.
    Option C: Learn from the experience and swallow the loss, putting it on the road could be very costly 1 way or another, far more than the original £250!