NEED SERIOUS HELP :(

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Ross1308, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Ross1308

Ross1308 Member

So i went and got my bike jetted by get speed, they put it on the dyno widended the original jet and messed with the mixtures, then changed varator rollers and clutch springs but i was on my way home and as soon as i hit a hill the scooter just bogged like hell, so i put the malossi varator in and 7.0g rollers which came with it and its still the same, the carb is on the richest setting
    MINOR OR SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, my dad is having a right go at me all the time cause my bike is brand new and now i cant ride it to work cause its not working right, what should i do :(

2. RY4N172

RY4N172 New Member

take it back

theyv'e obv mucked it up tell em it doesn't work now

3. Ross1308

Ross1308 Member

Yeah i know, i gotta take it down tomorrow, but what do you guys think the toruble could be, any help would be appreciated

4. Ross1308

Ross1308 Member

Yeah i know, i gotta take it down tomorrow, but what do you guys think the toruble could be, any help would be appreciated, BTW they put it on the dyno and set the carb up with the anylyzer up the exhaust to get the mixtures right, so what could it be, :( I got that gut feeling now since last night that my ped is now fucked :(

*Sorry for double post*

5. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

lol i doubt its fucked mate. bogging is quite common. somebody whos knows what there on about will be able to help ya:D

6. Ross1308

Ross1308 Member

*Coughs* Minor, Dec, Wobbly, and others ???? Huhummmm

7. Saint Jonny

Saint Jonny New Member

First off there is noway on this earth that your bike needs 4.3g rollers. I whacked some of them in mine (Leovinci ones with my TT) and the bike just revved and went nowhere. Now i know they are different engines but i reckon that your roller weights should be in the 5-6g region, i run 5.8's.

Quoting my haynes manual, you should be runing an 86main jet, a 36 pilot and a 45 starter jet. Try adjusting the pilot screw 1 3/8 turns out and your clip should be 2nd notch from the top. Hope this helps ;)

8. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

not to sure about your roller weights. im runnin 5.5 with standard pipe? so i think your right in running lighter ones with that pipe

9. Ross1308

Ross1308 Member

i was running 4.3g which came with pipe, but it bogged until i got to like 20ish maybe more clcok speed then it went like shit, now getspeed put like 3.5 in there and it ran ok accelerated fine and stuff but still bogged when i hit a hill :confused:

10. Saint Jonny

Saint Jonny New Member

Did you change your clutch springs too?

11. Ross1308

Ross1308 Member

Yeah when i was down getspeed last night for about the 7 hours i was there we went from the stock one, to the yellow ones which came with the pipe, then to some blue ones, now im using super strength pink ones

12. Ross1308

Ross1308 Member

what was happeneing as well though the clutch was holding off for to long, you could see where it wasnt wearing evenly so the clutch springs needed adjusting

13. Saint Jonny

Saint Jonny New Member

Alright i might be wrong but a combination of overly stiff springs and light springs will probably have caused these problems. Go to Leovinci's items and put them in, cause although they might not be perfect, they won't be far off. Mine ran sweet with them so just put them in, make sure the carb is at the settings i gave you and then let us know ;)

Ohh and for your exhaust i'd be looking at a size 90 main jet

14. Ross1308

Ross1308 Member

God knows mate, my knowledge isnt brilliant you see, he took the original jet out and widended it with these like special files

15. Ross1308

Ross1308 Member

Well when they popped my airbox off down getspeed, kyle (guy with loads of experience said) for a start the carb in my bike aint standard and it was running on the richest setting i was like WTF :(

16. Saint Jonny

Saint Jonny New Member

what carb is it then? Should have a name on the side of it somewhere get that for us then we might be able to get some idea :cool:

I'm presuming the richest setting either means the pilot screw was unwound totally or that the needle clip was at it's lowest setting too, is this right?

17. Ross1308

Ross1308 Member

i know think the needle was either fully up or fully down (think it was down) not to sure what make the carb is

18. Saint Jonny

Saint Jonny New Member

Should definitely have some kind of identification on it, check it and it should have a number on it which denotes it's size (ie 17.5, 19, 21 etc) and of course a make. I'd recommend setting the pilot screw 1 1/2 turns out simply cause thats what i did with my new one and it seems okay, plus it ain't far off the stock. Also set the needle near to the middle then try it out on the road, trust me reving on the stand and riding about are totally different outcomes.

Question...is it a Dellorto style carb?

19. Ross1308

Ross1308 Member

Ill check tomorrow for the identification of it, i think its a Gurtner not to sure, but at get speed they put it on the dyno and the analyzer up the exhaust and set it all up that way, then messed with rollers, then clutch springs, but its still not running right , Will let you know what happens tomorrow, gotta take it down getspeed for them to check it out again

20. one7twoboi

one7twoboi New Member

well for one, it sounds like the bloke at this shop does not know what the fuck he's doing. No brand new scooters will come with ANYTHING other than standard parts. And 2, dont touch it. wait until you take it back 2moro cos if you start fucking around with it the guy will tell you to do one because you've touched it since and you cant prove that it was their fuck-up thus voiding the general verbal warranty you 'should' get when they've tinkerd wiv ya bike