NEED HELP! With buying a speed fight 2

Discussion in 'Scooter Guides' started by swainy9000, Nov 14, 2013.

1. swainy9000

swainy9000 New Member

Should I buy a speed fight 2 with a speed fight 1 100cc engine put on it for £500. The whole bike comes standard with new custom parts on it, and also the oil pump is broke. PLEASE HELP ME

2. Dandruff37

Dandruff37 Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 R
    The answer is no, never buy a speedfight. especially not an old one with problems for £500

Alex Barnes likes this.
  3. Alex Barnes

Alex Barnes Active Member

personally i wouldnt buy any peugeot scooter unless u want problems your best bet is a better brand aka aprilia,piaggio,suzuki,yamaha etc

Dandruff37 likes this.
  4. Dandruff37

Dandruff37 Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 R
    What he said^:rolleyes:
    Get an Aprilia sr50 or a gilera runner an you can't go wrong!
    im now the lucky proud owner of both:p

5. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Go for an Aerox, steer well of the Speedfright.

6. Alex Barnes

just dont get an rs125 (aprilia) cz there shit ( in my opinion)

7. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    couldnt disagree more about the rs125 being shit -
    owned 4 of them, 2 standard restricted and 2 full 33bhp models.
    never had any issues with any, look after them and theyre good bikes

Dandruff37 likes this.
  8. Alex Barnes

well yeah if you like the whine of a shite 2 stroke then there good but unless u want to be annoyed by that bike then a 4 stroke is the answer n tbh thats my own opinion of them dont like it then tough

9. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    wasnt having a go .... was just putting my opinion out there too....
    theres advantages and disadvantages to all bikes. nothing wrong with a 2 stroke... would have a 2 stroke over a 4 stroke any day....

Dandruff37 likes this.
  10. Dandruff37

Dandruff37 Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 R
    Ye im gunna have to agree with u on that, 2 stroke over 4 stroke any day of the week. And rs125s in my opinion are the only 125 id go out of my way to buy. Part from that il stick with my 50cc aprilia SR and my 50cc runner SP

11. Nathanael

Nathanael Active Member

A friend of mine bought an rs125 and I took a good look at how it was built. Gorgeous frame, brakes, suspension components etc. All held together in the worst way imaginable with odd size fasteners and a wiring loom like a tin of spaghetti.

I used to have a 1989 NSR125, that thing was well constructed and the bolts etc are of a much higher grade of steel than honda use nowadays. Rock solid engine,access to components not the best. The entire bike had less corrosion than the very expensive 2 year old honda s-wing scoot I was using at the same time. However the front suspension was awful and my ybr would have run rings around it in the twisties.

Love 2 strokes myself especially small scoots and old east german bikes.

12. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    if their running right,id say both are good..depends what you use them for.4 strokes have chain or belt to go on you.guides to wear..seals.springs.gas sealing issues if it all gets a bit loose in the head..2 stroke..not much to go wrong..tunable easy to fix..nicer power delivery but noisey and the eco plebs say their killing the planet..but thats life.

scootzmadness likes this.
  13. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    and if the oil pumps broke...what did it and how much damage has it caused that you cant see..for 500 you can get a load of peds in better condition than that..

14. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    my old man had an mz 250 trophy and a cz/jawa and never had any probs at all with them...ide love one to restore..but then..i like a chalenge

15. Nathanael

Nathanael Active Member

my dad was very into his mz's when he was younger. Said the main bearings were prone to failure on them and as it was considered by most dealers to be past economical repair for time to fix etc he would take them on and sort them out.

I had a Jawa 350 a year or 2 back. Unfortunately rather than being the 34bhp version it was the badly strangled 20bhp one with knackered top end as a bonus. Would put out a smog cloud that had drivers sticking their lights on behind me to see but still managed 79mph (eventually). Sounded awesome and handled great. Gave my mate a go to shut him up and he came walking round the corner 20mins later and said he pulled in at the shop and it wouldnt restart. Sold it in the end as could never identify what went wrong or what had really happened. Best theory I could come up with was he didnt observe the 5500rpm redline and tried to take it round to 10k like his ybr.