Need help Please Pugeot tweet rs 125 aka Sym symphony

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Effects, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Effects

Effects New Member

Hi all,

I hope you are all well ? I need help I bought a Pugeot Tweet rs 125 a couple of days ago all of a sudden it has starting making a horrible noise, I wish it would allow me to post a video it goes from sounding normal to a gererator like noise ?? I was then told by the seller he think it maybe the clutch ?? then someone said it could be the piston rings, Some one else suggested its the tick over screw ?? I am going to check round the variator and clutch tomorrow but has anyone else has the same issues ? or if you think you can help maybe I could whats app or email the vid to you.

Thanks in advance

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    If it was piston rings it wouldn't be noisey and it would smoke badly and it wouldn't start easy. Check transmission rollers/clutch.

Effects likes this.
  3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Post the video to utube then paste the link here.

4. Effects

Effects New Member

5. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Just buy a whole new spragg clutch. It's not a major job if you have the right tools.

Effects likes this.
  6. Effects

Effects New Member

yep I've spent a small fortune on tools but am going to do it lol Im going to strip the whole bike down and rebuild it so its fresh as it has 34000km on it 21126 miles Its only a 125 gy 6 engine

7. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Does it start easy on electric start ?

8. Effects

Effects New Member

Yes mate straight away

9. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    If start clutch is faulty they don't start very easy, the spragg clutch slips and bangs when turning over !

10. Effects

Effects New Member

11. Effects

Effects New Member

Hi thanks for your previous comments, I'm now trying to get my bike to the right RPM, I have a digital tach however I dont know what setiing to put it on and youtube aint helping lol so do what setting do I use ?? 1) 2Rpm per ignition 2 ) 1per rev or 3) everyother revelation ??
    Its A gy6

4-stroke single-cylinder
    2 valves per cylinder

Thanks in advance :)