Need Genuine Help And Advice.

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by rezzin, Aug 23, 2007.

1. rezzin

rezzin Member

Right. Basically,in 41 days im on the road. And i pick up my bike on the 29th september. I'd like to de restrict my bike after the first service,which i think is 500 miles or there abouts. Im thinking of 2 options i have.
    Option 1: De restrict bike,keep standard exhaust. Trouble with this is,if i am involved in an accident,or it comes the time to sell my bike,i cant re restrict it properly as the exhaust will have been done too.
    Option 2: Buy the cheapest aftermarket exhaust i can,and use this,then if i come of,or it comes time to sell my bike,or service time ect,fit my standard exhaust back on and put the washer back in the variator,then the bike is re restricted.
    I would like some 'proper' help on this,as its quite a deal. If i go with either options,what rollers will i need,if i do need to change them atall? Im not sure if i do or not. And will i have to change anything else,such as springs ect? The bike in question is a <b>Gilera Ice 07 plate</b>. Thanks guys.

2. Martin

Martin New Member

mind me asking how old you are? if im right in this, de-restricting bikes is legal as long as your 17 or over with C.B.T.

If i was you, and cost is your isue, pick up a leo Vince TT exhaust, remove the Washer, and upjet it. All this can be reversed if you keep the original parts at any time.

Thats what "i" would do anyways.

3. The General

The General Member

For a start I wouldn't buy a brand new moped. Thats what I was going to do then I realised how much money you lose in the long run. Just find a second hand 06 plate or something mate

4. Martin

Martin New Member

i completly agree with this too. my friend bought an ice brand new, he has come off it several times, and now its even been stolen.

5. rezzin

rezzin Member

Sorry lad,dads adament on me having a 07plate. Cant really complain can i. And im 16 in 41 days. How much would a leo vince tt cost me? And will i need to change my rollers etc? Cheers.

6. J-Nitro

J-Nitro Active Member

Right - where do I begin :D

Firstly - how much money have you got now? and also do you have the bike yet?

if you have it you need to work out how much money you need to last this month (if you get paid every month that is!) e.g. going out with ur mates etc.

Then cut this out of your budget and need to blow this lot on your ped, I take it you solely want to make your ped faster than 30mph?, ok if you have 100 quid or slightly less buy a brand new sports exhaust

(look at our guide and decide which is the best one for you)

dont bother derestricting the old one if your flushed with cash, otherwise when it comes to selling, I take it you want the ped to look mint and perfectly standard?, plan b is your best bet mate, buy a leo vince exhaust or something like that, a £100 will get you a nice chrome one

eithier way mate you have to derestrict it to obtain maximum speed, firstly start by taking off the washer - dont worry about the first 500 miles nonsense as long as you wear the engine in nicely, keeping to around 30 - 35 mph, varying your speed alll the time, for the first few hundred miles then you can let the bike open more slowly after its done say 500 miles

I say take the washer off now, because it takes more strain off the engine, and when the washer is off it will rev lower when you do say 30mph, than with a washer on, the engine will be revving her nuts off!

however if your on a tight budget and your good with a few tools and maybe a dremel derestrict the standard pipe carefully and neatly, also take the washer off too mate

hope this helps mate

7. rezzin

rezzin Member

Thanks a lot nitro,cleared some things up for me. Yes,i've got the bike really,so cant change my options. Might just buy a leo vince then. Will i need to change my rollers or anything else? Also how fast will this get me,im guessing 40mph.

8. rezzin

rezzin Member

And thanks for all your imput aswell lads. Apriciate it.

9. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

fully de-restricted ped should do 45-50mph genuine speed!!!

10. Martin

Martin New Member

Yup. dont forget up-jetting though.

11. harrisp

harrisp New Member

My bike never needed up jetting with a leo vince.

12. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    it probably did, you just didnt bother. probably due to the fact you ran stock rollers so the thing didnt rev correctly ether.

13. rezzin

rezzin Member

Minor,your a good person to ask if i can catch you. :p Erm,basically,if i de restrict my stock gilera ice,either with standard exhaust or with a leo vince tt,will i need to adjust my rollers atall? Cheers matey.

14. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

All of those questions have been answered in this very thread!!!

How handy is that ;)

15. rezzin

rezzin Member

But you see,minor knows his stuff properly. How handys that. If you know your stuff,can you let me know. ;)

16. Martin

Martin New Member

he does, so does alot of other people on here. Just read some of his post's and
    come to a conclusion if he knows his stuff or not :D

17. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

what you wanting to know ?

18. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    yeah, minor does know his stuff, he's like a library of good advice but other people on here know what they are on about too.

the majority of people in here won't post if they don't know the answer to the question you ask.

19. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

And if they do they bloody well shouldn't. We don't take kindly to just passing on info you read as your own. :tdwn:

20. rezzin

rezzin Member

Basically i want to know,if i de restrict my 07 plate gilera ice,will i have to change the rollers or anything? and if i fit a leo vince tt at a later date,will i need to change the rollers atall? need to know on either options. thanks guys.