Naraku Double Layer Air Filter

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by PhilB, Sep 1, 2016.

1. PhilB

PhilB Member

Unsure if this is in the right section, but thought it may be useful to anyone else replacing a filter?

Anyway,
    I've purchased and fitted this filter. I contacted them to confirm that it's suitable to use on a fully standard setup (de-restriction only), which was a yes.

The only reason I ask is that since fitting, she's sounding slightly 'flat' on full throttle, and the response is a little boggy compared to before.
    And I know from previously seeing on here that the other brands of double layered filters, Polini and Malossi etc, require an upjet.

Anyone got any advice on experience with these?
    If it's no good, should I stick to the original, or has anyone got a better one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Piaggio-Z...313760?hash=item234d55a4e0:g:1rQAAOSwAL9UfyJR

Thanks!

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

They're ok.
    But you do need to up-jet a little, not as much as you would with an open filter, but some.

3. PhilB

PhilB Member

Aw ok. I may as well go back to standard then!
    Shame you can't quite get to it without stripping half the rear end haha.

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    you will also have to drop a little roller weight to get the revs back up. removing the airbox or even fitting a free flowing filter to the box can havbe a DRASTIC effect on thwe transmission (as unrelated as they SEEM), so if "it feels a little flat" means less rpm, drop a little roller weight, if it revs fine but sounds quieter itl be running lean, fact is i run a 70 kit, crank, bigger carb variator and gearup with the STANDARTD FILTER SETUP. filters are literally a waste of time/only for real high end stuff, there more trouble than there worth and only improve FULL THROTTLE if your engine is REACHING the flow limitation of the box. my bike would go better with a filter, but be less usable (piss poor low throttle up hill, engine sucking in rain, constantly getting muddy and caked in road filth) just stick the stock back in there and buy something that makes power if its not enough (70 kit, pipe, so on) or something that makes better use of your power (variator, torque drive, so on) youll be amazed at how much one singkle part can do, specificly kits, like double power, or kit and a pipe, tripple power, and these are low end kits and pipes. pipe alone youll get a lil more power and itl rev nice, but nothing like a kit and pipe.

basicly, your air filter will give you no gains and headache setting the bike up to actually be usable, for no reason, at all

scubabiker likes this.