my zip with typhoon 125 engine.

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by gillyported180, Nov 24, 2009.

1. gillyported180

gillyported180 New Member

this is my zip with a typhoon 125 engine scorpion exhaust and 25mm carb. braght it for 150 quid an spent about 150 on it to get it mot'd and lookin fresh. what you guys think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. connor

connor Active Member

on gumtree for sale?

3. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    looks like mine with a scorp lol,

[​IMG]

you got that bike for 150 or the engine for 150? did you say ? :confused:hock:

4. gillyported180

yes. for 600. and yes 150. but i braght the carb for 30 quid then the exhaust i swopd for my standed pipe cos it needed a small hairline crak welding and i had to buy a brand new cdi, magneeto, coil, battery an other stuff. and get it m.o.t'd

5. typh-gilly99

typh-gilly99 Member

Rides:
    Typhoon 125 2T
    did you do this conversion yourself?

6. gillyported180

na a mate done the convertion then gave up so i braght it and finishd the electrics and getin it started and runing. so sort of 50/50

7. connor

connor Active Member

well done john.

8. CARL.GILLY/NRG

CARL.GILLY/NRG New Member

Rides:
    soon to be..NRG 180.
    mind if i use ya outdoor toilet? :rotfl:
    looks neat jim.

9. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    if your gunna post pics of this beut, u might aswell record a vid of it idle then drive it around, would love to hear it, zip sp front panel would look pretty good in gloss black :pimp:

10. 51Zip183

51Zip183 New Member

I love the idea of doing this was so close to doing it untill i pulled out at the last min.. then brought a typh 172 instead.. still tho overally nice bud! id say it would benefit with a pm59 ;) :thumbsup:

11. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    nice...but lose the rear end plate assembly....spoils the rear IMHO

12. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    How the foook do people manage to do these conversions correctly and get them mot'ed??? I so badly want a 125 2 banger engine in my zip!

This is like the 3rd zip conversion ive seen on here alone! The most common ped to convert?

13. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    id say gilly typh is most common :blink: it's all i ever see and them shoddy 172 runners regged as a 50 on gumtree lol

14. 51Zip183

51Zip183 New Member

Secounds on that no end of bodged 50 - 125 runners all over the shop! tbh ive never been a fan on the gilly typh coversions... the only thing i find difficult is the wiring loom.. becomes a pain in the arse in my opion.. then again electrics have never been my thing sadly, what loom did you use the typh one?