My Zip..ish

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by ramo, Jul 24, 2012.

1. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

hehe im not broke either! lookin good dude, looking forward to updates, whitewalls look so cool. edgar, you really need a new back tyre! those pans look good, much better than the standard ones (zip is a girls bike in my opinion)

2. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

lol that zip is gone now was to much to do on it. sold all my bikes now might get a new long term project soon thinking gily or typh now bored from 50s :D

3. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Not much done. Shit ipod pics aswell.. Pipes having a bit of a moment. Probs should have tried it on properly about 2 months ago BEFORE wrapping it and stuff now I think back.. Its already starting to rust a bit aswell even after a whole tin of vht:eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Its indoors for now atleast. Ill try and work something out. That or the recycling will be an exhaust (in two halfs!) heavier next week :p

Also the first/cheapest of a couple of ideas I had for the gas bottle. Not all that keen myself tbh but im not completely sure why not.. Sticks out a bit too far back and outwards methinks..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And i bought these the other day aswell:

[​IMG]
    No idea what im doing with them yet. Story goes I went to pick up an engine for another bike and the guy had them in his garage and didnt know what they were off or what they fitted or anything. Only wanted like £20 for the pair and they arent all that common so thought might aswell.. Worth it for the tyres atleast I reckon lol. Ive got like 3 sets of spare wheels for this zip now though and none of them are actual zip wheels o_O

Todi-Corsa likes this.
  4. 4strokelover

4strokelover Active Member

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Nice mate

5. kylespeedfight

kylespeedfight Active Member

Rides:
    New Gilera Runner 70
    :O i want that shock! and the mount! it looks sickkkkk!

6. ramo

ramo GoldMember

I filled the radiator a couple of nights ago and no puddles in my hallway so far which is good news..sort of thinking about changing the radiator itself for a different one now though. Still better than a 50 one but i dont reckon this gilly one is suited for how im using it really.

I got the pipe cleaned and resprayed and installed with a bit of persuasion.

Only part it needs to start is a kickstart:confused: which i have on order at the dealerso should have it by like saturdayish all being well. The throttle cable is still a problem though ive checked it over and the qa throttle is at the lowest setting but its far too short still. I think i remember someone saying there was a way to make your own longer one but i havent hd the time to look online properly yet

Im off tomorrow aswell so if i get up early enough ill try and do some of the electrics or sumink too...

7. ramo

ramo GoldMember

It runs sort of. My first start video is really only like 20 seconds of lots of smoke then a broken woodruff key :mad: so probs not worth posting lol

Ive started to do the stuff at the front. The gilly rad was seeming a bit bodge when it came down to it so i did away with it.. and then i cut.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bit messy. Still working on it. Still not even nearly half done though:eek:

[​IMG]

After this its just elecs in the front (and ive got a hid kit winging its way from china i might use if i cba) and need to play with the setup a tiny bit and a couple of other things...

Just wanna finish it really though this is all getting a bit long lol i was trying to have it done for ss atleast secretly but theres no chance at this rate lol:(

8. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Also does anyone know if it could somehow be a bad idea to spray the radiators lol?

9. speedy-demon

speedy-demon ■□■□■□■□■□■□

Rides:
    Like a pro
    dont know for sure but forge paint there logo's on. i want to paint mine but if it gets a stone chip it will be a b*stard!

10. ramo

ramo GoldMember

I was thinking just matt black or something..A logo would look hard but its only meant to be a 50 4T so looking like it running a turbo probably aint gonna do me any favours :p

More pics. Not a damn thing finished as usual..:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bit of a hatchet job. Will be repainted and tidied up later on. Gotta do some headscratching over the weekend for th plumbing..

Mudguards not staying either..the sp one ive got atm doesnt look great though.

11. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    only just seen this loool bait. my rad works fine on my zip runs under 70degress unless i blast it for a long time or the waterpump goes -_- shitty electrics.

12. ramo

ramo GoldMember

I left it idling (with the 125 rad) for like half an hour a couple of days back to heat the vht and it was a little bit over that..
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366128326.599236.jpg

Elec pump would deffo make my life miles easier lol (think I read they pump more at idle than the mechanical ones ever do?) I do prefer the belt ones for some odd reason though tbh o_O.

13. ramo

ramo GoldMember

The normal s6 head sensor doesn't work with the r/t gauge I found out too..

14. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    i have the stage 6 temp/rev gauge + it plugged into the head works fine, and well cause it's gonna get hot sat at idle you got no air going through it....

15. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Yeah I bought it to go with the temp+rev gauge i had originally but with the r/t ones it reads double and the connectors dont fit:confused:. Im using koso one atm, they say you can get a EGT sensor for this gauge too on the 2nd temp im still tring to track this down though

Ive never had to live with a tuned l/c really but if i remember my lc 50 would stay idling at about 60 all day and this is near boiling:eek:

Hope its mostly cos its standing like you said lol i could do without having to stop to let it cool down all summer..

16. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Painted my frame seeing as I had to strip the bike down a fair bit for some electricals and I found some red paint which I didn't know I had and didn't see myself using otherwise..
    [​IMG]

Got an alarm and HID kit. The HID relay is just clicking though so got a replacement on the way
    [​IMG]

I also fitted a killswitch (after cutting the wrong wire like 3 times lol)
    [​IMG]

Not much left to do really:
    Gotta find somewhere good for the temp gauge
    Fix the glovebox lock
    Wire up radiator fan
    Find out why the indicator light on the dash don't always work:confused:
    Give it a general tidy up

Then just gotta find someone crazy enough to MOT it:p

17. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Think I might cry you know..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370021418.687807.jpg