My Zip..ish

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by ramo, Jul 24, 2012.

1. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Needed to make this for a while tbh lol. I lost my phone in between and lost most photos of how it was :( but ill start where im at..

I bought a written off Zip SP earlier this year. Most the parts were good apart from the panels and frame which had quite bad damage to one side..

Im just building it to a new frame in my spare time and it doesnt look like its gonna be finished this summer sadly.. Hopefully having this here can help me keep a bit more organised aswell though :)

Plans for the engine are:-
    Stage6 Racing MKII kit
    Motoforce crank Stage 6 HPC crank
    C16 or C20 Stage6 R1200 Exhaust
    28mm Dellorto PHBH
    Artek K2 variator
    Stage 6 clutch + bell
    Some sort of gear up which i havent decided on yet
    Lightened flywheel

Erm the main parts i still want/need:-
    SP front panel (or just put a vent on the normal one i have)
    Tyres
    Shocks (ordered a Bitubo one for the back just now not sure what i want up front will sort it soon though)

Not sure on paint yet either as i cant find the colours i want in aerosol atm. It will be matt though, either charcoal grey, off white or red if i can find a nice one. But i do think it looks quite nice in primer..

Everythings in parts atm ill be putting together what i have thats ready in the coming month probably.

2. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Things ive done so far:-

Erm i cleaned and polished the engine because it was quite dirty
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mocked up with carb etc
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its not finished obv. The red is quite a good match to the wheels i have in red (which i was thinking to polish as it goes) though it doesnt look it in pics. Not even sure why im painting a part that no one sees but im doing some other engine parts in the same colour later on anyway..

Painted and cleaned the forks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still need to get a new front shock. Want a Polini wavy disk aswell and braided hose.

Gonna try and get the eletrical/cooling system onto the frame in the next week or so

3. Todi-Corsa

Todi-Corsa 4 stroke thumper

Done a good job on polishing up the casings :)

4. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Cheers ;)

Gonna get my crank ordered when its in stock as i think the engines sat in a dark corner in my room long enough lol :p

Started getting stuff on to the frame yesterday aswell and i picked up some paint for my inners which ill paint in the next couple of days

5. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Woop! Looking good. Gotta let me see it at one point.

I've got a lightened fly lying around if you want to buy it?

6. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Going on like im not building this JUST to race that heap you call a vespa :p

Nah we'll talk though im defintely in need of more bling :D

7. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Really need a better camera..

Moved the frame from my basement to my garden as ive got a few bits for the front end ordered and its quite heavy as it is :oops:

Just realised how bodge i routed the loom aswell..
    [​IMG]

Started matt blacking my inners aswell

[​IMG]

Ran out of paint but ive decided mqybe ill do the belly panel and brake light in the same colour leaving the lcocks the glovebox door and mudguards normal plastic? Still dont 100% know what im doing with the main panels :confused:

Gonna stop fking around and just buy the stage6 crank aswell. Just realised how much not having one is slowing me down lol

8. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Where did you get the bitubo shock absorber with separate tank? That is just class! :D

9. ramo

ramo GoldMember

i picked it up on euro ebay buy it now actually :) got a bargain as it isnt the latest one but it looks like new. Struggling to think of how im gonna mount it now though..

Just gonna get a normal yss one for the front as i like the way it handles with a normal one mainly and as theyre quite expensive lol

10. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

I am desperate to get either a bitubo one like yours or a stage 6 r/t one but they arent cheap :/ Not ready to spend £200 on a sock absorber ... been looking for ages now :p

you got lucky on that one!

11. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Yeah you rarely see people reselling them (i dont blame them tbh lol) and i got quite lucky. Id be suprised if it didnt last longer than the bike the quality really seems to match the high price..especially as i paid like half of retail :)

12. Stathis

Stathis Black Nrg Power 70cc Beast!

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    nice project so far ;) cant wait to see how it will end up mate :D

13. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Ordered:-
    S6 crank
    C4s
    Artek K1 Reedblock
    Some paint to test for the main panels
    Also should have a nicer seat and some inners panels in the royal mails :)

14. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Cheers its the first ever bike ive build from the ground up so i want to make it a bit special if i can :)

15. Stathis

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    yeah i want to do that aswell... planning of something atm.... :cool:

16. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Not much to update about. I ordered a few bits just now though and I only need a pipe now apart from some small stuff..

Final engine spec will be:
    S6 Racing II 70 kit
    S6 HPC crank
    Unlimited CDI
    Lightened flywheel
    Artek K2 Variator
    S6 Torque Control + 460g Bell
    28mm PHBH + S6 double filter
    Stage6 reedblock with carbon reeds and PM straight inlet

Exhaust will be something Yasuni with a non standard end can as I don't really like theirso_O

Gonna see if i can work up the courage to start cutting the front panel I have over the weekend:eek:. The cranks been sitting in its box for like 2 weeks aswell so I'm gonna fit it over the weekend too I think

17. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Hmm could be a good race between me and yours ?

18. Stathis

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    that sounds interesting!

19. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Yeah i think so as our builds are quite similar:p . Secretly though i dont know what speed or power or anything im gonna be looking at as ive barely looked up these parts. Time (and a dyno most probs) will tell though lol

My heat gun died over the weekend aswell so i had to take one side of the cases to the garage earlier. Costing me like 40 squid in labour just for the one side and i still have to do the crank myself (or pay another 40) :mad:

20. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Your mad.... Would of just bought another heat gun.