My Yamaha aerox having troubles 12 plate

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by jake avery, Nov 7, 2013.

1. jake avery

jake avery New Member

Hello I have a Yamaha aerox 12 plate but I'm having issues with it and need someone to share light on it
    It has a 360 pm tuning exhaust a mollosi Kevlar belt and Dunlop vairator and. 17.5mm carb and standard air box
    My bike is amazing when it's cold as soon as it's warm it just slows right down have no idea it has a 80jet in it and the needle is at it's most please someone help as I'm wanting it back on the road ASAP
    Many thanks
    Jake

2. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    It sounds like a carb issue to me probably down to the mixture, A cold engine needs to run rich and relies on the choke to richen the mixture, as the engine warms up the automatic choke comes off and fuel/air ratio weakens. Your issue could either be that the choke is staying on or there's not enough air getting to the carb. A simple start is to remove the snorkel from the airbox as this restricts air flow. My bike would not rev at all with it in place . If that doesnt work then check that the choke is working.

3. jake avery

jake avery New Member

So I need to remove the air box then let it run on tick over or take it out ?

4. steveaerox50

steveaerox50 aprilia owner

Rides:
    1999 aprilia rs125
    sounds like a auto choke fault , i belive the new aeroxs have one in oppose to the manuel chokes the older model aeroxs have

5. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Just take the snorkel off the airbox, it restricts the airflow.

6. jake avery

jake avery New Member

So I'm running it without air filter ?

7. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    No, Leave the air filter in, just take the snorkel off. Its the bent tube that sticks out of the top of the airbox where the air enters.

8. jake avery

jake avery New Member

That should make it run fine ? And also where the spark plug is when I'm riding I can feel it popping any ideas ?

9. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Take the snorkel off, ride it and then see how it goes. When I fitted my 17.s delorto it would start but as soon as I revved it, it died. Simply removeng the snorkel cured it and the bike ran great. The snorkel was restricting the airflow so much that the engine simply could not get enough air.

10. jake avery

jake avery New Member

You can here the pitch change in exhaust when I start it when it's cold it revs high then when it's warm it's quite a low pitch

11. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    It's probably running too rich, either by a) restricted air flow (snorkel), b) choke not coming off C), main jet too large.
    Start by checking them in that order.

12. jake avery

jake avery New Member

On the snorkel do I detach it from the carb ?

13. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    No you detach it from the top of the airbox, It will just pull off

14. jake avery

jake avery New Member

So I take the air box off ?

15. jake avery

jake avery New Member

And leave the snorkel on

16. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Remove the part circled in red

aerox-standard-airbox-1480-p.jpg

17. jake avery

jake avery New Member

Right will that do it you reckon ?

18. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    It's the first thing that I would do cos it's easy, costs nothing and usually does the trick. Your engine is bogging cos it's running rich and sucking too much fuel and not enough air.

19. jake avery

jake avery New Member

Seems better but can't take it out because I snapped the cartilage in my ankle 4 months ago so the insurance isn't on it anymore

20. jake avery

jake avery New Member

im back on the road tested it but still bogs out at 40mph runs better cold once warm still bogs :( need help badly