My Vespa stage6 RT 70cc project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by tErr0, Jan 20, 2011.

1. dan_zip70

dan_zip70 New Member

was this bike orginally a/c?

2. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Yep. Haven't finished putting all the cooling system in yet but it will look pretty stock when finished. Won't be any silly pipes hanging about the place or anything.

3. dan_zip70

dan_zip70 New Member

yeah thats what caught my eye, no vent holes for a Rad on the front panel, im assuming your going to hide the rad?

also, looking mint :) cant wait to see the finished result :) :yahoo:

4. tErr0

The rad will be in the front panel. I will need to cut a lot of holes!

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    the head is quite clearlyu visable when you get down and have a look at the engine, wich people will do AFTER they try race this LOL thats all i ment. anyone who simply bends over and has a look will almost instantly see its a stage 6 kit. hence they anodized it. bike should certianly supprise a few people. cant wait to see how the pipe turns out/looks on the bike. few weeks and this should be on road :D

6. CheekyThomas

CheekyThomas New Member

Firstly email received terro, will get prices...

But good looking build so far, barrel kit looks very expensive... You must have far too much time on your hands! Haha!!

With regards to the cooling system, and the fact your going electric, how are you gonna control the flow?? Gonna use the same system as the newer piaggios where the pump always runs and it circulates in a small engine circuit, and when the thermostat in the hose gets hot enough it changes the flow to the radiator?

Just being nosey really...

But looks good keep on with the updates!

7. tErr0

Minor will correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure it's a large constant flow without a thermostat. It's going to get hot very quickly and stay hot so lot's of flow all the time! It's pretty much a race engine that i'm going to try and run on the road.

The kit is actually very good value for the quality of it. £286 in case anyone is interested...

8. final178

final178 New Member

Rides:
    gilera runner
    that looks sick:) i can see thats gonna be some mean bike cant wait to see it move (nice wheel loool)

9. CheekyThomas

CheekyThomas New Member

On the piaggio electric pumped systems theres a 2 way thermostat under the floorboards, so when the engines cold, the pump just flows water around the engine, and a small section of hose pipework, and when the water gets hot enough the thermostat opens and redirects the water round the radiator system... saves having the pump turn on and off, it just runs when the engines runs and the thermostat controls where the water flows.

[​IMG]

10. tErr0

Going to be very simple... It's just engine to pump, pump to rad, rad to head with the bottle into the rad.

[​IMG]

And pump on full whack all the time I think...

11. tErr0

Update!

12. tErr0

Another update!

13. tErr0

Annd another update.

14. Acid

Acid Member

Rides:
    NRG 50, MBK Stunt 50
    I love when boxes of shiny stuff arrives !!!!

15. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    yep it will be constant circulation. its such a small rad were going to be using so it really is worth having the open system. it may mean a 5+ min warm up in the morning but it will evenly heat all the water at once rather than the therm opening once the engine is up to temp and smashing loads of cold into the cylinder... cyl tends to shrink faster than the piston and seize horidly, it is running over 13:1 compression and some silly fine tollerances inside so keeps it all happy, id rather excessive cold start wear than hot shrinking issues, its a 2t afterall so should have collected plenty of oil in the important parts between starts. would run a circ system if it was an out and out road bike (as in get on and ride it blah blah) but its more piping complication and i dont really have the million hours piaggio had to work out flow rates/circut crossovers. im sure the piaggio system brings all the water up to temp nice and evenly while keeping the engine warm, if anything i doubt my first guess would be correct and im piping this bike up once LOL

16. italjohn

italjohn Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    This looks really promesing as usual.
    I love to follow this tread :yahoo:

17. CheekyThomas

CheekyThomas New Member

Blimey the parts list keeps growing... Gonna be nice to see it finished and running!!

As for motul factory 800 oil... Very swish full ester stuff.. No expense spared then!! That stuff costs me £13 a bottle trade... Proper expensive stuff!!!

18. tErr0

A bit of a useless update... Been doing small bits and bobs but no pictures.

I was wondering do people want me to bother showing pictures of the process of refurbing bits? I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I seem to end up refurbing everything on the bike. Currently doing the engine mount and starting prep work on some of the plastics...

19. nathan93

nathan93 Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Gilera Ice
    yh stick it all up
    looking gd aswell

20. tErr0

Update! Another couple of box's just arrived so i'll throw up another update in a sec too.