My Piaggio Zip 50 4T Snail to "80cc thumper" :)

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Todi-Corsa, Aug 2, 2012.

1. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Coming together well. Wouldve thought youd be going for a gearup too with all these bits or am i missing something lol?

Painting the cases must have been a right pain on these cases aswell lol definitely looks miles better though;)

2. Todi-Corsa

Todi-Corsa 4 stroke thumper

Cheers mate, tbh the painting isn't perfect (did it in the dark :D), but it does the job, just got to do the transmission cover :)

Not doing a gear up as of yet, going to see what it does may do a gear up if it pulls well enough, what I really want is a proper digital ignition as this will open the doors to tuning the ignition better, just going to have to stick with the std 50/100 ignition until somewhere starts doing the kits for 4t engines.

got a few bits and bobs coming in the post......... wait till you see the airfilter ;)

3. Scooter-Noob

Scooter-Noob God among idiots

Rides:
    AEROX in box's :-D
    the 50cc kits will work on the 100cc, but a £300 ignition kit on a 4t is well :-S,
    just get a lightened flywheel and outer pulley. i also know you can get a new woodruff key for the 4t that will make it run a little better

4. Todi-Corsa

Standard flywheel isn't too bad for weight to be fair, have been toying with the idea of buying another one and having it machined to lighten it but would rather switch to a better ignition setup in the future when they become more available if it's £300 it's £300 I want to see what diffrence it will make, like I said though when there is more kits out there for it I'll buy one :)

5. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Think i vaguely remember someone telling me the cdis in these can be somehow modded for what its wortho_O. My knowledge on 4t ignitions stops there tbh lol..

6. Todi-Corsa

they can, mainly it's the removal of the restrictor on them other than that theres not much more that can be done

mainly it's ignition timing I want control of I could in theory move the pickup points on the stator but it's probbally more trouble than its worth and wouldn't be very accurate compared to a proper programable kit

I can live with what it's got for now :)

7. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    i had a Italkit/Selettra race ignition on a low power bike and it made very little difference not realy worth the money
    it was a 70cc MHRrep speedfight. it was a little better but as said the power gain as minimum.

8. Todi-Corsa

Deliverys today....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    best choke ever. i used to use polini ones but the stage 6 are much better looking and longer lasting

10. Todi-Corsa

Glad to hear that there decent was going for a polini one at first, just glad I'm in control of the choke now not an annoying auto choke :)

11. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

I kind of like this project even though it's completely pointless just for the difference factor. Going to be a very rare bike by the end.

Todi-Corsa likes this.
  12. Todi-Corsa

cheers, rareness is a good plus point :)

13. muffinman

muffinman New Member

any more updates

Todi-Corsa likes this.
  14. Todi-Corsa

done a few things but only geting time here and there to get stuff done at the moment, bike is back in one piece now so really only needs tuning up etc

15. WTPchiefSKP

WTPchiefSKP Member

Rides:
    cpi sm77
    will be good to see a vid of it running am really tempted to get a zip

Todi-Corsa likes this.
  16. WTPchiefSKP

WTPchiefSKP Member

Rides:
    cpi sm77
    good work looks nice

Todi-Corsa likes this.
  17. Todi-Corsa

Thanks mate, I'm gonna put a few more upto date pics up

18. Todi-Corsa

No had much time lately to do much to the scooter, heres a few pics of how it looks at the moment...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will get chance over easter to do somthing, will update in due course

19. Todi-Corsa

Well as I promised a video, had some time today to get the bike into life. Going to get it setup to run propperly over the next few days.

ramo likes this.
  20. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Isit me or does it sound like it's chewing it's self apart ?