My Piaggio Typhoon 183.

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by tErr0, Nov 20, 2006.

1. binhpv79

binhpv79 New Member

Hi tErr0,

It is great to see your perfect project so far.

With it, I DIY the exhaust by myself and not quite familar wz ya but look so strange in Vietnam (Asia).

So please give me a big hand to advise me for my Piaggio Typhoon 125 2c because I want to restore and tune
    it in our country but it seems there is no tuning piaggio shop here. Even I try to visit Malossistoreonline but I dont understand what item they are selling?. Then I want to buy 02 items as:
    Malossi Clutch Springs
    Malossi Multivar Variator.

And if you can find someone sell it in second hand, please ack me soon because in our country, we always restore the item to re-use it due to the tuning parts are very expensive.

Thanks for your info n advise.

You can reach me:
    mail: binhpv79@gmail.com
    phone: +84903365555

P/S: I DO NEED YOU HELP TO MAKE MY DREAM (TUNING TYPHOON) COME TRUE FOR MANY YEARS EXPECTING!

Again, thanks/ Jason

2. Stathis

Stathis Black Nrg Power 70cc Beast!

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    hi friend.. i dont really think you will get a reply from tErr0 sadly.. he doesnt come on that often.. but to buy parts you should try online.. for example check on ebay or at sites that sell stuff for scoots... try scooterattack and see what they have ;)

3. binhpv79

binhpv79 New Member

hi mate Stathis,

Thanks for your info, I will try many time to go in kind of websites to find some.

I ordered malossi belt, variator fr malossionlinestore but the price+ship in usa + ship to Vietnam, are causing the price up to more 3 expensive :(.

Again, tks ur info mate/ Jason

4. Stathis

Stathis Black Nrg Power 70cc Beast!

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    yeah thats the pain in the ass :confused: why dont you have a moped with gears?? everyone in asia has and the moped scene down there is huge if i am right :) oh by the way how did a typhoon end up down there?

5. binhpv79

binhpv79 New Member

Hi tErr0 again,

I bought Secondary Gears Malossi 15/41 and will tune up my Piaggio typhoon 125c 2 stroke. Pls advise how piston I can widen with this gear 15/41??

Really thanks for your info n look forward to hearing from you soon.

Jason from Vietnam

6. Roadgod

Roadgod New Member

Hi Anyone listening... totally love the 183 Typhoon, real classy build. Noticed the Bgp brake caliper and does anyone know anything about fitment? Googled it and it comes up for sale at the Scooter Centre in Germany but fitment only for Yamaha's, MBK and the like and not the Piaggio. Seems to work on this build ok?
    Help?!

7. Cboya

Cboya New Member

Do you have a workshop mate ? Thanks

8. AntMacca94

AntMacca94 New Member

Rides:
    Yamaha Vity 125
    What does something like this cost, all shiny new freshly built with all the best parts??? I would definitely pay you to build the same for me its a proper tidy bike that!

9. motomatsu

motomatsu New Member

Pretty expensive, you better off just buying a new bike or a maxi scooter.
    I loved his bike, but considering the amount of professional work he had put into it (e.g; paint job), it kind of amuses me that he didn't pimp it out a little more as well. Mounting a sound system, extend it, or even make it a lowrider. That'd be a sweet sight.

10. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    That's just not our scene , your ideas sound much more "American" , however beauty is in the eye of the beholder .

11. and14263

and14263 New Member

I haven't seen one of these looking good for a while. I think my mate had the 70 back in late 90s maybe a bit later. It was a pretty fast bike standard.

12. ramo

ramo GoldMember

This thing was actually built better than a Haynes manual lol. Just noticed a part on it that I didn't ever know existed :D

Hope she's having a happy retirement up north somewhere

13. Rodolfo Jesus

Rodolfo Jesus New Member

excellent work man! Do you have the original air box from the typhoon 125? or anyone else? I need it so much! u can reply to my personal email: rodolfotjesus@gmail.com
    thanks!!!