My On Going Zip Project.

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Jonnymarrw00t, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    so, as of summer just gone, sweet fuck all has happend to this, still deciding on what I want to do with it, it needs welding as of the moment (no steering lock),

speedy-demon likes this.
  2. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    quick video of it running, not much else has happend of late, just some tidying up....

Subw00fer likes this.
  3. ramon777

ramon777 The newkid on the block

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    it runs :p
    already making plans for changes and more power? its like a drug isn't it :p always want that more power :p it never ends :p

4. Scooter-Noob

Scooter-Noob God among idiots

Rides:
    AEROX in box's :-D
    what exhaust are you using? a stage 6 pro? with a stage 6 racing?

5. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    yup, got a yasuni it's being replaced with till I decide what exhaust I want, i'm feeling a roost....

6. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    no point putting a roost on a stage6 racing. run an r1400 and have it done with

Roost is very very good but end of the day it just a stage6 racing(mid race). if you going into roost pipes you want evo/mhr 70

7. ramon777

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    Scooter-Noob, You go a little too fast now.
    Roost also has a Mid-range exhaust :D
    My buddy wants this one too for his tuned Top performance due+ to replace his C16

And The R1400 is in my opinion still a little to high for a stock racing, I Prefer the R1200 whats been designed and build for a stock s6 racing, Especially becouse Jonny still runs a normal ignition and not a rotor ignition it will couse heave problems with te power when driving away.

8. ramon777

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
  9. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
  10. ramon777

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    For the performance i can't speak for now.
    All i know it performs arround the C16 i guess.
    Probably a little higher as we know Roost exhaust.

My buddy will buy it, but that will be in 2 months i guess, somewhere then.

I have 2 Roost exhaust ( and a lot of others xD ) A bigbore77 one, and the sprint/rs5 version for the mhr speed.
    The rs5 version performed pretty nice on a evo when i made a quick run in the village.

The C21 exhaust is for high end cilinders above the stage6 category ( evo/speed/manston etcetc ) one of the best exhausts.
    Performs verry wel on a lot of cilinders,
    C20 is more a midrange exhaust, what fits verry well to the stage6 cilinders ( stock )
    en the C30 has pretty much the same powerband as the C21, but is more for bigbore 77 cilinders, it has even a bigger belly if u place the exhaust next to eachother.

Scooter-Noob likes this.
  11. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    if its in the same range as a C16 i would have to get £140 c16 over the £233 roost.
    or even a polini for race 4 @ £200 that is a very nice midrace pipe that i have tried on a Athena hpr

12. ramon777

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    you think differend than me.
    you think in money and whats cheaper.
    if you don't try and don't dare to take risks you won't come far.

I know Roost exhausts are pretty nice and verry verry wel performing exhaust.
    The yasuni exhausts are verry great, but as we can say a older generation.
    Roost is new, The tunings changed in several years.

For 10 years back the max hp power measured on a 70cc ( like evo,speed,manston etc ) was about 16 till 18hp
    For back on those days it was pretty much the max power,

New parts come out, the techniqe gets better and better.
    with everything, poulies like lichtener them from alu and cnc, with special coatings for more gripp.

Back in those days it was normal to drive max a 19mm 24mm carburattor on the 150meter track.

Those days, its pretty normal to drive on the 150 meter track a 28mm, or even more like i do.
    The highest power measured now on a 70cc cilinder 47,6mm ( 2fast4race 70cc )
    Made stable runs over 27hp!!

a few dutch guys here i know set 2 new records in i mean denmark, 1 for fastest time on the track, and one for Highers measured HP power in intire denmark for a 70ccm cilinder.
    ( try to find the feedback )

New parts like cilinders and timings in the cilinders how they are build of ask for new and better exhaust.

Its all about testing testing and testing!
    and if you don't try you don't winn.

My buddy wants a roost exhaust for how it looks, so we started to search for a well performing exhaust on his midrange setup.
    well that would be the SP1

where gonan buy it in a short while and test with it.
    Watch what the powerband is and how big it is.
    and see what we can do.
    For my tests now on a top performance due+ is a TJT Gruppo B the best exhaust, nice wide powerband, Runs stable from bottomspeed till topspeed.
    Even better than the gianelly shot, wich is a replica from a Top Nardo exhaust what is been build for the Top performance due+

Maybe there are new better exhaust what will run fine and even better with more HP.

We'l gonna try those exhausts on that setup then.
    Roost Sp1
    Hebo Racing Replica
    Yasuni C16
    TJT Gruppo B
    Gianelli Shot, V1
    Gianelly shot V2

and maybe some other exhausts when possible.
    Tuning is about testing and adjusting.
    that keeps it fun.

13. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    I have a very well paid job and i dont think money and cheap cheap, but i do think if there the same the £100 saved would get a nice inlet manifold, or reed block or even a nice big carb. there is too many scooter running £300 exhausts on £120 cylinder using £40 copy 21mm carbs.
    lots of ppl think a no matter what you have a expensive race exhaust will make the bike fast. a cheap polini corsa with the right cheap exhaust and a real dell 21mm carb will beat most stage6 racing bikes because there not matching parts.

am NOT saying that what jonny is doing am just saying that a fact that a lot of ppl do. hell when i was 17 i have a polini sport and a MHR pipe :p

14. ramon777

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    hehe well now where on the same line :p
    But never think that exhausts are the same ( unless its really the same :p )
    every exhaust is uniqe
    Testing a lot of exhausts with a blocked transmission can give you a verry good indication on how the exhausts performs, what the powerband is, and the power it can give.

For me, if i would buy a new exhaust for a top performance due+ i would probably buy the expensive Top Nardo insteaf of the way cheaper replica shot.

Pure of the quality, becouse the quality of the shot's isn't verry verry wel.

Next to that the little story's from gianelly about that their v1 shot would do 1 to 2 hp more than the orginal nardo, and their v2 vesion of the shot would do over 2 hp more than the older version etcetcetc.... To much bullshit story's

But a good exhaust what fits to the cilinder en everything adjusted well will give more power than a s6 racing with a way to high exhaust.

I get your point :p still see it a lot of times here in holland ( its getting less )
    already dare a few of those boys to race, they just have to let me know on facebook, well, mostly if they see the pictures of what i run they won't even try anymore.... hahaha :p

But jonny did the right thing, better place a exhausts what is holding a little than to high.
    An exhausts whats to low still gives a nice power while driving away. a overpowered exhausts will lose power, and gets it when you get in the powerband.

Scooter-Noob likes this.
  15. ramon777

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    Found it about the 2fast 70cc.
    Made a time of 6.44sec on the 150 meters.
    And made 25.7Hp on the dyno on denmark.
    Not bad, But have seen that engine do more hp on the dyno.

16. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    1, my cylinder is not stock, 2. who said I was keeping the mk2 ? 3. who said If I do keep it, it isn't going to be completely changed into a different cylinder. also. your saying stage 6 cylinders aint high end ? Sorry I must be wrong but isn't 18bhp + hi end ? What about the r/t kit ?

17. ramon777

Rides:
    MBK Rocket
    Highend doesn't mean exacly the power it gets, with highend means cilinders what run some arround 14.000RPM, thats highend.

S6 racing ( stock ) is a midrange cilinder.
    The R/T kit does perform arround 14.000 RPM so thats a highend cilinder.

Check scooter-attack for fun, check in what categories the cilinders are placed in.

All what scooter-noob means is if you want to use all the power you can better use a differend exhaust what fits better in the powerband.

I don't know if ur cilinder is stock or tuned.
    If its tuned, the tuner knows what exhaust will perform nice, they normally don't tune a cilinder without knowing what the full setup is gonna be, that for max performance

But getting an s6 racing over de 18hp isn't quite easy, and still needs a lot of testing and chanigngs parts.
    I have seen s6 racing go over 20hp but it wasn't easy i know from verry good tuners here in holland.

Even my manston2 took a few dyno runs and adjustments to the setup before i had 18hp, still could do more, but thats testing, and then where speaking over a manston.

18. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    but you dont have an R/T you have a racing, thats like me saying i have a polini sport its high end because they make the EVO range. (not been a dick but thats what your saying in that line). also i didnt say it was not high end at any point, all i said is dont use a silly expensive exhaust on a stage6 raceing.

if you can get 20BHP out od that kit al bath my nuts in acid, on a different forum a lad called James(thats his forum account name), spend about £2000 on a stage6 racing engine and it did 16.2bhp. then it was dead within 5 days of been set up on a dyno. you can make any kit put out stupid BHP but you can run it at them number for long time. that kit was sent to a lad donw my end that makes bike for the BSSO teams, and he said 15-17 MAX

the simple way to see is look at the 70cc category on the BSSO and look at there set-up's there is no stage6 out of 30 bikes.

19. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Mines got those + facebook

Scooter-Noob likes this.
  20. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    I'm going to get the full potential out of this kit, then move onto bigger things. The clyinder has a .6mm raise on exhaust and .3 on ports as of so far, I'm looking into a r/t kit. Due to wanting something silly fast. Ring/barrel life aint a problem to me, due to it never being used.