my new zip 125,

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by tanveer, Nov 29, 2010.

1. tanveer

tanveer New Member

hi lads im totally new to this scooter scene just bought a zip 50 which has had a gilera runner 125 sp engine fitted. not even had a chance to ride it properly yet because of the snow here in leicester. was just wondering if there is any scooter places around near me??

cheers tanveer

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
  3. tanveer

tanveer New Member

how come you say that bud?

4. tanveer

tanveer New Member

how come this forum is so dead???

5. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Your topic title is totally irrelevant and it's in the wrong forum. I wouldn't reply just out of principle.

6. tanveer

tanveer New Member

lol im not nerd i dont know a thing about these forums mate thats all sorry if i post in the wrong section

7. BossMan172

BossMan172 Member

Rides:
    aprilia sr 172
    he said oh dear because youve bought a conversion, which are 90% of the time bodged... do u know what forks you have?
    my advice is to sell it on quick time lol

8. northrider

northrider Member

yeh lol thas defooo a bodged bike water cooled zip's are just pure bodge unless its a zip sp and i jus hope everything's been wired properly

9. tanveer

tanveer New Member

well the rad has been fitted in securly and everything seems to work okay it has had some metal shaved down slightly on each side were it connects to the frame apparently but it does not affect the strenghth as its a few mm,

10. BossMan172

BossMan172 Member

Rides:
    aprilia sr 172
    whens mot due?

11. tanveer

tanveer New Member

it has just passed mot i had it put through on the observations only thing was chaffing of body part on steering but it passed.

12. northrider

northrider Member

any pics of the bike???

13. tanveer

tanveer New Member

nope i havent taken pics i could take some today,

14. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    Conversions are dangerious, you have to use a 50 engine mount which is designed to handle a 4bhp 50cc engine.. You've got an engine double the power in a 50 mount.. Its gonna twist, bend, warp, buckle then eventually SNAP.

Conversions CAN be done properly, but this normally costs more than buying a brand new bike..

Your front forks, brakes and everything else is not made to handle 125 power.

Just be careful when you ride it mate, you will probably notice at high speed the bike wont ride straight, it will vibrate like mad aswell, engine may hit the frame when going over speed bumps etc..

15. northrider

northrider Member

yeah pics would be great and yh ive heard the topend scrapes the frame when you hit a speedbump etc... i wud fit a shock riser or whatever there called

16. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    It should have a silent block to avoid this, which means cutting & welding it into the frame... The bike WONT pass an mot without it... Unless the mot'ist is a prat.

17. 94Typh

94Typh Member

a shock raiser is going to push the head up, closer to the frame???

18. northrider

northrider Member

need pictures we all want to see it now!!!!

19. Stevierunner10

Stevierunner10 New Member

Rides:
    runner Sp50 /Zip Sp