my gilera172 (project Green Monster) HUGE pictures inside!

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by fatboy87, Mar 18, 2009.

1. fatboy87

fatboy87 Member

ok everyone this is my project i got ask to put it up so here .i got a 51 plate runner for £300. but it was a non runner when i got it.but as
    im a self tort mechanic i went for it. even tho i got a superbike now i love the scooters thats why i got a new one. i
    got all new parts and built it back up. but realy like rideing it now and going to spend some more time on
    it and make it a nice bike for my self and just keep it as all bike riders need a 2t lol

wen i first got it
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then today giting reddy to do some new bit's to it wen will it stop lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

anyway done a bit on the engine today and thats it as im not to well

the tools
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

more pic to come bit of rubing tomoz so lots of fun to come

done a bit more today still not to well tho.i got the 59 all done done the startermotor and a bit of rubing down more pic's soon

starter
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sorting them out for green and black
    [​IMG]
    bit of rubing
    [​IMG]
    aerox parts anyone lol
    [​IMG]
    pm59 all done small dent tho noooooooooooo lol
    [​IMG]
    i'll be doing a bit more tomoz

Tom

ok evryone iv been doing some more work on the runner comeing on nice just taking my time with it i got some new parts and bit's. iv done a bit more rubing down with my bro clind the engine up a bit but still lots more to do on that. and haveing a bit of a play with the 172 barrel i wont say porting but modded it a bit plus the stub for the pipe more to do tho just wont to say thanks to

grubz172 for sending me green malossi clutch springs for free thanks m8

RunnerBoi for the light's thanks m8

andisp for doing me a good price on a carb thanks m8

and MiNoR off of ss for helping me with the 172 barrel so i dont do it to wrong lol

thanks for all the help so far and all the help im still going to need lol

pic's

[​IMG]

my bro helping out [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] still lots more to do

[​IMG] off the bike

[​IMG] then mark it up

[​IMG] strated it lots more to do tho

thanks tom hope the pic's are ok as i think i no how to do it now lol hope so

ok evryone small update. well the panals are like 50% done now takeing my time with them to git the best i can git out of them wen all sprayd up.got a new carb and done a bit more on the engine.still thinking of a pm55 as i love the look. the 172 bore is comeing on nice still a bit more to do on that then i'll start on the stub of the pipe

i'll have a update soon hopeing to git the engine all bilt up and start on the forks dont no if i'll git them black or posh them yet

[​IMG] 21mm carb on (L). 20.5mm carb on (R)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tom

very small up date lol just got my new light and my new pipe as you no i love the pm55's so i got a chrome pm55 off of wolffy off ss thanks m8

[​IMG] light

[​IMG] pm55

Tom

ok everyone been doing a bit more on the bike was haveing a look over the pipe and a bit needed a weld and im going to make my own bit for the spring and git that done. started on the end can and a bit more on the 172 bore and stub lot's more to come soon

[​IMG] endcan off bike

[​IMG] got the gold off o yer there's no way im haveing a gold endcan lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] lot's lot's more to do on that

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] the bit wot need's doing on the pipe

[​IMG] new tool

[​IMG] markt 32mm bore and stub

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] lot's more to do run out of bit's lol same for bore

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] mach lovey just need to smoth it off now and start on the bore wot shiny told me to do

hi evryone small update well tomoz im going to git most on the rubing done with my bro for spraying.i got a 28mm delly on the way going to look for a inlet and reed block to. and done a bit more on the bore and stub im relly happy how it's comeing on as it's my 1st go

some pic's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

stub and bore fit spot on

just some pic's of the bore and endcan hope ya like

[​IMG] you had to no i was going to do it lol
    [​IMG]

ok evryone got a update for ya got some pic's. got some new parts and more to come hopeing to git the bike runing next week and start steting it up

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] CUSTOM METAL MANIFOLD Modded by me to a biger inlet

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] 28mm delly as i got told off for giting that 21mm carb lol

[​IMG] new malossi 172 gaskets kit

[​IMG] green pipe for carb and engine

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] engine bilt back up and now the fun starts on seting it up love it lol. all i would like to git now is a crank,reedblock and a srt lightened flywheel later on wen i got a bit more money also have a stage 6 filter on the way

hope ya like Tom

just some new pic's giting it reddy to start seting it up

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

new pic's tomoz as iv done a bit more then that

some new pic's as i was working on my bike's my m8 dal come over then my sis boyfrend to show me his new scoot so i did not git to much done.

[​IMG] some of the bike's i was working on today lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] my zx6r and my runner

[​IMG] working on my bike new green pipe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] my sis boyfrends bike new one to come ace now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hi evryone yep im still bilding it lol. its comeing on sweet the bodyworks almost done just takeing my time with that but iv got the engine running now with all the new part's.it started up very well but still need to sort the jeting out a bit but its going strong and git some new pic's soon but you have a vid of the bike running for now hope ya like

just some pic's of the bodywork for ya hopeing to git it done very soon now !!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] my dog blueboy looking over the bodywork for me

more pic's very soon

ok evryone thats were im at the mo i'll keep you all on a update like i do on runner.net from now on

hope ya like Tom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok got a small update for ya wen just testing the runner out to see how it's go and i got to say it's the nut's shod be fun for meet's all the bodywork is done and giting all sprayd next week only thing after that is my wheel's wot i dont have the money at the mo but will soon some pic's and a vid for ya

hope ya like
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi everyone well a bit of a update for ya all the bodywork is at my dads for panit. we got the black done to day it's come out very nice got a bit more to do on that tomoz plus the green tomoz as well so were getting there !! anyway got some pic's for ya hope ya like

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wen all the pan's are done now and thay come out sweet there are some a bit sh*t but thats were the pan's were that bad but still look sweet so im very happy. the back as you can see look abit green thats because there is some green in it and were you move them it come out more.next will be wheel's wen i got a bit more money but will git them done soon !!! hope ya like

pic's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok wem i got home from work last night i done a bit in the shed going to do some more in a bit i'll live ya with some pic's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok everyone well i work't hard wen i got back from work today on the bike and it's now 90% done on ly got to do

wheel's
    fork's
    graf's/ on the way
    and some more small bit's

but she's all back together and went for a small ride and it's as fast as it look's so im very happy of wot iv done to it

pic's
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks for all the help and part's evryone i will still keep you on update's wen i git new part's or do work on it

Tom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok well i got the bike back togever as you no so i wen out for a ride to see how it's runing and i got to say it's lovey top speed is 80mph on flat thats on my m8's 58 zx6r and i can ride along a 70mph with no wurrys thats with 12g mlaossu roller im going to git 12.5g and 13g to see how it is then. i got some new part's and some more are on the way

pic's

[​IMG]

tts

[​IMG]

pro grip grip's
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hope ya like

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok evryone well you no the graff's are done now and the wheel's are giting done in a week or 2 so wot next lol well i got some plan's for the engine big plan's as i love this runner i use it everyday to go work and back so its a keeper anyway so may as well go all out now lol. anyway i'll git a update soon for ya. just some pic's for now yer i no you lot seen them :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi evryone long time no talk lol been doing a bit on my bike new belt roller's and wheel's benn trying rollers out for a bit now and im likeing 13.5g as i wont mid and top end speed dont no if im keeping the pm55 :( may go for a malossi as i think its more whot im looking for (will see). got my wheel's done and as you can tell from the pic's im not to happy so got to do all that agen now going to take my bike to jb tuning next week and see wot it's got bhp top end and more

pic's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just some pic's of my bike from mayday run

pic's
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok evryone been out to day for a ride to southend with my m8 good day out went to jb tuning nice lads and had to pick up a bike for my m8 very nice. well got the bike on the dyno at jb tuning and it's puting out 21bhp what im very happy with need to put lighter rollers in tho. pick't up my m8's new bike and it's jb tuning's own gilera runner whot had 21bhp very nice bike anyway got a vid and some pic's for ya hope ya like

pic's
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tom

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok boyz still going on it never stop's lol well got some new part's and some more on the way going to git new bore kit soon and malossi crank to anyway got some pic's for ya just put a malossi mhr reed block on plus a malossi mhr pipe new plug roller's and more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope ya like

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok boyz got some new bit's today thanks to shiny. going to fit all the bit's next week on my weekend off but i did fit my flywheel today and all i can say is sweeeeeeeeeeeeet lol pick's the rev's up good. anyway got some pic's for ya and a vid

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

in hq

engine spec

malossi 172 kit Modded
    malossi belt
    malossi roller's
    malossi reed's
    malossi green clutch spring's
    malossi filter
    malossi mhr reedblock
    malossi mhr exaust with Modded stub
    metal manifold Modded
    28mm carb
    srt lightened Flywheel

hope ya like

Thanks Tom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

speedy-demon likes this.
  2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    Re: my gilera172 (project Green Monster)

lookin good pal, will be on road soon for sure :D

3. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

That took me ages to read through that!

Nice project you got mate, good to see it from the start, can't wait to get one myself again.

Didn't realise how much the exhaust manifold n stub can be modded, looks like alot of gain there. What colour you doing the panels?

Your not far from me either, might see it about.

4. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

very nice :cool:

5. fatboy87

fatboy87 Member

who ever done the pic's for me big thanks im relly no good on a pc lol. its going to be a monster energy rep bike m8 as im relly into my motobike and motocross raceing will git a new vid soon of me rideing it and the body work will be done verysoon

thanks tom :D

6. Vesta

Vesta New Member

looks great tom!

7. alperin

alperin Active Member

Rides:
    aerox 180cc

wow mate i love the project and i respect you alot for doing this project thats how it should be done dont give up :up:

8. fatboy87

fatboy87 Member

thamks evryone 1. wont be long now and iv told jj and the boyz we will all have to meet up for a ride soon :bike:

Tom :nerd:

9. alperin

alperin Active Member

Rides:
    aerox 180cc

ill surely join lool

10. RY4N172

RY4N172 New Member

:punk:

11. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm

yes mate, looking wicked, cant wait for it to be finished!

12. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

looking good fella i like the red barrel looks like its been done well not just bodged

13. jj180

jj180 Active Member

Rides:
    Mrt 183/Vespa 300

like when i done mine at first with the engien i nthe bike

fatboy looking good mate and actually a good read i didnt want it to stop so keep up the good work as im sure the end result with be the nuts, oh and by the way im jelous of ya 55 if i wasnt so scared about ripping the back off id have 1, still migt buy one just to keep o nthe shelf at home there gawjus :beer: :beer:

14. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster

for future referance i mill out the pm stubs or shiny makes replacment wiht a DECENT diameter... can offset for diff crank's (means the spacer plate has NO affect on pipe fitment, somthing pm REALLY didnt factor when they started selling there own 55's wiht the pm onlty to then blame people for fitting them wrong? FUCKING IDIOTS)

but ye, saves you a few weeks doing the stub. could go to a full 32mm straight cut through the entire stub. you have made a start, but no imp[orvment yet as the stub is still around 27mm at the mid point meaning the in and out diameter is irelevent, this is still your working exhaust diameter. but ye keep it up, dont learn by not doing it do ya ;l)

15. fatboy87

fatboy87 Member

thanks for all the nice reyplys hope to be done soon so we can all go for a ride i will git some pic's tomoz and a vid of me rideing it :punk: to see how its runing

thanks tom

16. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster

where abouts is eltham? im in tadworth/epsom area and my lil 70 REALLY dont like long distances.. well up for a ride tho :)

17. bait

bait Active Member

that bike looks well good man easy to see you put alot of work into it good job mate :tup:

18. fatboy87

fatboy87 Member

eltham's kent way m8 but we can all meet up at the meet's for a good old ride.will git pic's and a vid tomoz of me rideing it the 1st time after new engine has been done :D hope it gos well

tom :punk:

19. Mehmet

Mehmet Active Member

Rides:
    AUDI A3

very nice project there bruv, hope it goes smooth all the way to the end ;)

20. nibbles

nibbles Active Member

yes m8 thats very nice lotta work gone in so will be sure nice ride .cant wait to see the paint slash graphics think i remember you sayin in another topic about a monster design ??good luk wi it
    nibs