MY GILERA RUNNER SP50 WONT START

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by stevon, Mar 3, 2007.

1. stevon

stevon New Member

hi there all and good evening. got a problem with my gilera runner sp50 as it will not start and it cut out yesterday and wouldnt start since then changed the plug and im not getting a spark from it but i had accidently left my ignition on for 2 hours so not sure if it would spark or not lol any help here??

2. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    battery is totally dead, either charge it or jump start it. once it's running it should be ok, although you may have fucked the battery

3. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

does it spark when you use the kick start

4. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    if the battery is completely knackered then it won't spark at all.

5. Starkie

Starkie New Member

yeh it will on the kickstart...the spinning of the engine when kicking it over will poer the coil and create a spark :bird:

6. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    no it won't, trust me i had the exact same problem on one 3 days ago. the genny cant produce enough power when you are turning the motor over on the kicksart. on some bikes it does but not the runner

7. Starkie

Starkie New Member

depends how good a kick u have lol started ma m8s with a fucked battery 2nd time on the kick

8. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    the battery will take the whole lot if it's completely buggered, trust me.

usually you can start it but if the battery has gone then not a chance.

9. stevon

stevon New Member

the kick start is really stiff to when trying to push it down to kick start it so im not sure whats going on.
    tryed to jump start it from my dads ar but his clips were to big to fit on scooter battery

10. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    get a nail screw it into your battery with the bolts that are already there then clip the jumps leads onto the nails

worked for me before :pimp:

11. stevon

stevon New Member

lol lol i shall try that
    nice idea. could it be anything else other than that.
    2 weeks ago i payed for a new water pump to be fitted along with some other bits and pices all came to 200 quid so that was 2 weeks ago
    the only thing was that my bike seemed to drop in performance before it cut out. anything there. plus i could really hear the rollers spinning as i was riding about if thats anything

12. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    left main bearing. fucked seal

13. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    take dead batt off and you will get a spark with a piaggio...

14. Major Rel14b1lty

Major Rel14b1lty New Member

do you have anyuthing in your coolant

As on my cousins runner sp50 the coolant gasket went and it went in the cylinder and pissed out the exhaust cutting out the bike and causing it not to start due to collant in cylinder

15. stevon

stevon New Member

yeah therees still lliquid in there . and i had my water pump replaced a few weeks ago so dont think that is the problem. i got told to take the fuel pipe off and is it true that if the fuel runs straight through none stop without engine on then the fuel tap has gone if i took the fuel pipe off the carb and fuel just kept running out then i need a new fuel tap or what? could that be the problem?

16. Carwyn Edwards

Carwyn Edwards New Member

Can anyone tell me why my gilera runner sp 50 keeps cutting out after half mile of running and then hard to start it had carb clean new reeds new spark plugs

17. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Best to start a new thread with m
    Best to start a new thread with more detail please