My Gilera Ice.

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by xDREAMCASTERx, Jun 1, 2012.

1. gilly_runner

gilly_runner Member

Rides:
    Gilera runner
    Gotta love the ice! i had 2 ice's one a 50 with a zx for the road and another with a 172 typhoon engine. i used to take the 172 over the fields until one day i was curious to see what was faster the ice or my 140 super stomp. so we went on a road near our local river i was on the stomp 140 we was neck and neck untill i see a couple of hi vis jackets and promptly slammed on my brakes at the time my mate thought he was leaving me for dust until he then see the the hi vis slammed the brakes on (by this time the road has changed from tarmac to gravel) as i was doing a u turn sharpish i see him drifting sideways in what looked like the exact path of my other mates 106 i didnt stick around to see... i hit the rev limiter all the way home.. but it turns out he did hit the car and he did it infront a 2 police officers (wearing hi vis) on bikes! and the police ended up taking the bike :( R.I.P gilera ice 172

2. jamie rockell

jamie rockell New Member

hello mate, i was just woundering if you could help me, i have a giera icee myself but eveytime i go to open it up i goes to die out, what do you reakon could be the problem?

3. xDREAMCASTERx

xDREAMCASTERx Tony B.

Rides:
    Vespa et4 125cc
    Is it standard or have you done some work to it?

4. jamie rockell

jamie rockell New Member

its all standerd apart from a k/n airfilter

5. xDREAMCASTERx

xDREAMCASTERx Tony B.

Rides:
    Vespa et4 125cc
    Is it an open faced air filet that attaches to your carb?

6. jamie rockell

jamie rockell New Member

yes it is, ive been told that it could be something to do with my mixture screw?

7. xDREAMCASTERx

xDREAMCASTERx Tony B.

Rides:
    Vespa et4 125cc
    Are you running the standard 17mm carb with the air filter?

8. jamie rockell

jamie rockell New Member

yeah, its good to pull of but after 2 seconds it goes to die

9. xDREAMCASTERx

xDREAMCASTERx Tony B.

Rides:
    Vespa et4 125cc
    Has it only been doing it since you put the air filter on?

10. jamie rockell

jamie rockell New Member

sorry i dont know, i brought it yesterday and it hasnt changed

11. xDREAMCASTERx

xDREAMCASTERx Tony B.

Rides:
    Vespa et4 125cc
    Sounds like it could be blocked jets in the carb or that the air filter is drawing to much air into the carb. If you could post some photos up I could have a look at the scoot for you because normally every ICE I've ever come across has been modded in some way. Do you know your way around a scooter?

12. jamie rockell

jamie rockell New Member

okay mate thankyou so much!, if it is the air filter getting to much air into it how could i sort this problem out?

13. IceIceBaby!

IceIceBaby! yz125/ TTR250/ sold gilera ice

Rides:
    TTR250
    sounds like your bike needs up jetting, too much air not enough fuel.. my advice would to be get hold of a standard airbox, 17mm carbs never run good with an open airfilter..

14. jamie rockell

jamie rockell New Member

would it be okay if i got bigger jets but kept the open air filter?

15. IceIceBaby!

Rides:
    TTR250
    yeah but bike still wont run as nice and will drink fuel.. if i was you i would buy a standard air box ( get them of ebay, or gilera spares ) then buy a mallosi airbox filter £5 and your bike should run fine.. has your bike got anything done like different exhaust or anything? and do you know what size jet is in it now?

16. TalkToShank

TalkToShank Life is short... so Grip it and Rip it!

deffinately the carb needs either up jetting or air filter needs chaging, i would stay with the standard airbox though, and tony, your ice is emaculate! im spraying my ice a similar colour, im going for ford st orange, with black frame, how fast can you get your ice to guys? im 9 stone and im getting mine to 56mph with standard everything expect for a technigas exhaust and 6.5 rollers (i think) which i think is really good! i hope :L and jamie, id go on ebay and find a gilera/piaggio airbox... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330799262033?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251048342451?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 these will fit nicely!

17. IceIceBaby!

Rides:
    TTR250
    well not to sure whats wrong with my ice but it will hit over 60 but i can only run my bike at 40 otherwise it over heats.. been an on going problem really not sure what to do.. its got good top end, wheelies from standing start just over heat tho..

18. TalkToShank

thats a shame that, what mods have you done to her? and ive never had it over heat when on a long ride, sometmies if i just fuck about in the garden it does but otherwise its all good!

19. IceIceBaby!

Rides:
    TTR250
    ahh cant think of them all of the top of my head but, over sized piston (bored the barrel out) think might be part of the over heating problem but bike was over heating before.. soo oversized piston, mallosi air filter, think 6g rollers, bridgestone tyres, stage 6 pro exhaust, different reed blocks.. few other thing cant remember lol, mine can run at 40 happily and can take it up to 60 but only for few seconds..

20. TalkToShank

60cc 70cc or 80cc barrel? i dont know if you can get 80 but just in case :L and the barrel would deffinately be the overheating problem, mine runs 56 without a problem so i think for the extra 4 mph il keep it standard ahaa, and nice one mate, wasn't you on about selling your ice? what did you give for it?