my first car

Discussion in 'Car chat' started by scubabiker, Jul 27, 2012.

1. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    so you will insure it road tax it in England then drive it back home cool 80kmh is48 mph that's slower than our lorries can drive at on duel carriageways most ly we tax lorries abroad so as to get out of the English road tax payment
    if you could put it on the road at home how much would it cost you in road tax
    keep the pictures coming its very interesting to hear about how you are getting on with the car ,you never know if you come over to santa pod we might pop up and watch you run it picture of wifes car nissan.jpg

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

last time i checked the tax was 22000 pound or there abouts....
    intrestingly i worked at santa pod for a while, with a top fuel team there.... will get a pic of the motor and where the optispark unit is and you can laugh.... its so difficult to get to, you could think it was designed in italy...

3. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    I have a gilera nexus scooter so I know what you mean,they build a engine then add bits ,so you cant get at anything without dismantling the whole bloody thing
    22000 pounds that's madness does any one own sports cars in Sweden or Norway what with the speed limit road tax inport duty you need to be super rich,how much is petrol and diesel a ltr my gilera nexus 250.jpg

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

the thing is the wages are higher here, so people can afford to spend. there are plenty of american cars and stuff around here. fuel is about the same as the uk here, so it shows just how high the price is in the uk (norway is the most expensive country in the world!)

5. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    oh a micra.....
    few things to keep a eye on :)
    headgasket - don't usually like to do more than 40,000 without it being done - good to upgrade to a better one than the cheap standard shit.
    Wheel bearings - they like to go often too.
    The cv boots - the quality is shocking standard and they perish/split easy.
    Gear linkages - Try doing those at home, not a easy job.
    Has the same issue as the Citroen C2 where water gets under the bonnet and gets into electricals, a nice line of black silicone stops that happening.
    Rear shocks - Standard ones aren't the best and theyre expensive as hell to replace!

Was it the Camaro they had a Italian design? or was that a dodge?

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

its just bloody stupid, the optispark (distributer cap) sits behind the water pump at the front of the block, the radiator sits immidiatly in front of that... it very much reminds me of peugeot cars.... everything in the way of everything!

7. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    any one living in Norway,tell me how good are the army motorbike over mits, cos I want some, but are they any good in winter

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

they cut out all the wind chill, i have a pair, but i dont like using them, as i always fiddle about with my visor, and its not so easy to put your hand back in them quick.... there is a company that makes custom ones, but the name slips me.
    invest in some good gloves, thats my advice. my old gloves are almost dead now, but my new gloves just dont keep the heat like my old ones...

9. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    TOP TIP - those surgical gloves, cant remember the name, nitrile gloves? cost £2.50 for a box of large gloves.
    Each time you go for a ride put some on, then some thin woollen gloves then your summer gloves. very warm hands - almost 0 windchill.

scubabiker likes this.
  10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i do that, they are free at petrol stations...
    i dont feel my fingers anyway (nueropathy?)

11. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
  12. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
  13. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    027.jpg my camero in the next garage to mine ,caught him today so took some photos he said he was going to use it on the road plus santapod, he told me he would nitro it and trailer it to santapod ,as he said if he brakes it you knackered if you drive it to the drag strip
    he changed the interior from black to red , I think it suits the car

14. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

wish my motor was like that.....

15. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    Can make almost any engine look like that with a engine out + repaint.

16. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i meant the easy of getting to it all. i will get a pic later of my engine bay and you will understand

17. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    scubabiker can you help the chap with the camera at my place hes got a new engine new rad ,but his car blows water out when it gets hot,hes taken out the thermostat its got us stumped.any help would be greatly received

18. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    remove thermostat. test it in a jug of BOILING water. if it doesn't open replace.
    sounds like theres a air blockage somewhere in the coolant system and he needs to bleed the system so there isn't a air lock.

19. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

yeah i would guess at an airleak, or the headgasket has blown. american parts aint the best quality

20. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    thanks we took the thermostat out and it still blows he does not want to take the head off ,only if he has to air lock sounds good will let you know the out come 031.jpg