My Aerox project ( i need your help )

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Cjkt, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Cjkt

Cjkt Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    the acceleration is more constant and feels like its running alot smoother and i dont know about top end yet :)

2. Cjkt

Cjkt Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    As winters coming i thought id better high temperature paint my exhaust as it had started to rust and it come out looking good i think i polished up the yasuni logo also :)
    Still waiting on the new panels to finish the project!! sorry its taking so long!

Attached Files:

3. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    How you get it like that I don't want mine matt :(

4. Cjkt

Cjkt Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    Its called satin black from halfords mate :)

5. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Looks like a similar finish to mine. Looks very nice.

6. Cjkt

Cjkt Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    Thanks terro :)

7. Cjkt

Cjkt Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    UPDATE!
    Right so i have a big box of parts waiting to be put on my rox now which include:
    Full black set of evo panels
    Carbon evo audi style headlight
    Carbon arrow indicators
    BCD undertray
    Gloss black TNT pillion cover
    Chrome panel and crank casing screws/bolts
    Chrome stage 6 jack up kit
    Full set of Stage 6 stickers
    TnT grips
    I think thats it,
    Im also going to tidy up the bars by heat shrinking the wires and spraying the renthals black.
    BUT!!!
    This isnt going to happen for a while because the other day my water pump broke without me knowing and so the bike overheated and the piston blew which has wrecked the barrel and the piston, there is also some damage to the crank.... look here http://www.scootershack.co.uk/threads/aerox-blown-piston-crank-problems.23820/
    I have another crank which i think is a TNT or a Technix by looking at it let me know what you think..?
    But im going to have to get a new bore kit i was thinking the stage 6 sport pro, or the stage 6 sport pro racing?
    Any suggestions would help sorry its been so long!!

8. Edgar

Edgar Active Member

you should of gone for proper quality crank and bore instead of all them optic updates ,

9. Cjkt

Cjkt Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    I completely agree with you mate but when i ordered all the visual parts my engine was running sweet!
    It happened like 3 days ago when i already had all the parts :(
    And i have a spare crank anyway which i think is a aftermarket one anyway.
    Just need to decide on what bore to get now! What do you think?

10. GUNS

GUNS the usual suspect

Rides:
    racing SP70 & LX172
    Stage six are releasing a mark 2 of the Sport Pro, better power all round.

What kit you want, is all about what you intend to use it for.

The sport pro is a bridge between sport and mid race, as it has low down power and high revs, due to single ring and aluminium construction. The guys I know who have run it, were really impressed, not comparable to Malossi or Polini sport kits, different league, but reasonable easy to set up, nowhere near as peaky as the stage 6 racing, which is what I run, had stage six street race prior.

just add, needs a high rpm crank.

11. Cjkt

Cjkt Member

Rides:
    Aerox
  12. GUNS

GUNS the usual suspect

Rides:
    racing SP70 & LX172
    no, the Sport Pro in terms of performance, is superior to the other two, on PedParts there is a dyno graph;

http://www.pedparts.co.uk/ekmps/shops/thebikeshop/resources/Design/leovince.jpg

http://www.pedparts.co.uk/ekmps/shops/thebikeshop/resources/Design/leovince.jpg

as for that kit, it is the one I run, it's a greyhound, especially with the right bolt-ons, but be warned there is no bottom end power from low revs, it takes the stiffest of springs to pull away, torque control Mk11 clutch sorted mine out, it is like releasing an arrow from a bow now, all the way to 85 on the clocks.

Once you start spending in this league, you really have to think about running pre-mix and running an electric water pump. I run mine with carbon fibre caged race bearings, but be careful on the installation, as if you heat them too much, the carbon melts, I heat mine in oil til approx 100 degrees then put them on a pre-frozen crank, then heat the cases, and insert the re-frozen crank assembly, that way, also use a crank press to ensure float, before putting on the small carter. The long and safe method. No pulling the cases together with the bolts and smacking the crank with the mallet for me.

13. Cjkt

Cjkt Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    Oh right yeah i just looked at that graph by coincidence, so tune it to high revving at it should pop up easily?
    I am thinking about running premix but ill have too see :) And yeah im getting my crank taken out properly :) also what do you think will be the difference with the new racing one i posted the link too?

14. GUNS

GUNS the usual suspect

Rides:
    racing SP70 & LX172
    I have already said, it's a greyhound. If you don't run pre-mix, think of one of these;
    http://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/500/adjustable-performance-oil-pump-aerox

as an engine in that state of tune, won't last on the regular oil feed. The pump wasn't designed to supply metered oil at much higher revs to an engine with a 40% hike in cc and timings etc that produce a lot more heat. Heat and oil instability, go hand in hand.

the transition from Sport to Mid-Race is an expensive one over time, but not as expensive as the transition from Mid Race to Race, as in the R/T and Evo set-ups.

15. Cjkt

Cjkt Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    Is there away to to adjust the standard pump??

16. GUNS

GUNS the usual suspect

Rides:
    racing SP70 & LX172
    on cable pumps, you just tighten the cable by a couple of mm, so max out-put comes at less than full throttle, not as good as buying a dedicated calibrated high out-put pump, as I gave in the link, but better than nothing.

17. Cjkt

Cjkt Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    Okay when i come round to do it do you mind me messaging you?

18. Camskii97

Camskii97 New Member

Rides:
    2009 Yamaha Aerox 50
    Hi Nice Bike Cant Wait To See It Completely Finished !! Keep Us Updated With Videos And Pics Looking Good :D

19. Cjkt

Cjkt Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    I will do mate ! Nice to see a post :)

20. Cjkt

Cjkt Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    Right Medium kinda update!!

So i got a nice lil package in the post last week and guess what was inside ;) Rochford-20120201-00274.jpg Rochford-20120201-00273.jpg

What a beauty ay - Stage 6 MKII Sports pro cylinder kit ;)

Then as its my luck here come the problems, at first i look at the head and realise there is no where for the thermostat to go so i have to send the one i got back but i cant as it has been 7 days since purchase -_-
    Then the big problem! When brought it said the temperature sensor cannot be any longer than 18mm or it will knock against the cylinder head. Knowing this i brought a short temperature sensor and before assembling i thought it would be beneficial to check it fit, as i turned it in it locked up after 1 turn so i thought this was odd and tried again and locked up again so i tried to find a bolt to check it wasn't just the temperature sensor and once again it locked up. I rung up ped parts and asked about this, they had no idea and so they got out a racing cylinder MKII kit to see if it was the same and yes you guessed it, it locked up on theirs too! They called me back later and said they had re drilled and tapped their head and now fits perfectly! So its a error on the head so be aware!!! Im in the middle of trying to get hold of stage 6 to discuss this.

Anyway! I decided to while i wait to get mine fixed do some cosmetics
    IMG-20120121-00190.jpg IMG-20120121-00191.jpg IMG-20120202-00275.jpg IMG-20120202-00276.jpg

So yeah the bars are now black and so is the grab rail, i also saw the need for another lick of paint on the exhaust as it had got wet when it rained and drizzled so the paint flaked. IMG-20120202-00278.jpg IMG-20120205-00300.jpg

So yeah its all coming together i still have new panels to put on but as its still icy and bad weather im not going to put them on just yet ! But more updates to come!!!