my 2 stroke's exhaust bolts are getting loose

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by r0ck1s, Aug 2, 2020.

1. r0ck1s

r0ck1s New Member

I have a malossi flip homologated exhaust on my runner and the silencer cover keeps rotating. i have tied it 2 time already and it keeps on getting loose. any ideas on how to fix?

2. r0ck1s

r0ck1s New Member

thank you! i will be getting a yasuni r when i will be installing a 70cc kit. for now i will be getting a wedge locking nut. any ideas where to find some?

3. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

I live in sweden, and it probably looks different between countries. I guess you could call and check with automotive repair shops. Hopefully it's like a candy shop with a wall full of goodies. Bolts. Screws. Seals, washers in all dimensions. And alot of other different parts towards automotive stuff. You could also find it. At those big malls, for different home build/repairs. Or

4. r0ck1s

r0ck1s New Member

i have tied it once again and went for a short ride and it rotated once again. i noticed that when the silencer rotates it is still tight, i cant move it around with my hand. maybe a repacking will be necessary?

5. Rickard Pingol

Is there any other issues with loud sound or rattling or some. Can't you just drill a small hole on the back side of the can and just fixate it with a metal screw?"somewhere in the ends of the can"

6. r0ck1s

r0ck1s New Member

it has 3 metal screws with brackets on the back of the can. it has been rattling since the day i bought it new but i dont think it's the exhaust. my mechanic removed the can a while back and it's been ok for a while but now it is moving, no loss of pressure though and it's sealed properly

7. Rickard Pingol

If i were you id take it apart and se whats rattling. It's probably an esy fix with the tools you have at home. It's probably just the press fit between the contact points between can and exhausts. I'd cut out strips of an ordinary soda can. It's really thin aluminium. And wrap it around/inbetween the can and and where it's pressfitted to the exhaust. And put/drill the screw through aluminium strips. So it has a nice tight