msxy

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by supraking, Nov 2, 2014.

1. supraking

supraking Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX125
    honda msx, loving it, quite the step up from the zoomer

[​IMG]

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

oh yeah i saw one of those when i was in the uk last year, its like halfway between monkey bike and normal bike right? does it do wheelies?

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

its only like 50KG roundabouts right?

4. supraking

Rides:
    Honda MSX125
    kerb weight 101kg.
    ive seen videos of it pulling allsorts of stunts. i wont be doing any myself, shit scared of dropping it :)

but yeah its a little bike, nothing like the old monkeys, but far from full size :) 12" wheels, but 120wide on teh front and 130 on the rear. so plenty of contact :)

5. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    do you look something like this riding it?
    10702088_893250384040552_9159797060310243961_n.jpg

6. supraking

Rides:
    Honda MSX125
    i dont think its too bad, will try and get a pic sat on it tomoz. its not as small as i was expecting, will also be getting some pics next to my bros cbr125 tomoz too :)

7. supraking

Rides:
    Honda MSX125
    righty first up, comparison. my bro on the msx and then his cbr (seat height is actually pretty similar)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

then some fancy ones
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. supraking

Rides:
    Honda MSX125
    filtering anyone

scootzmadness likes this.
  9. supraking

Rides:
    Honda MSX125
    filtering 2

10. supraking

Rides:
    Honda MSX125
    filtering 3

and some encounters

Stevep likes this.
  11. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

you didnt have the best road positioning when that van cut you up like that, i always see the screenwash thing as a free helmet/face wash... it tastes like shit dont it!

12. supraking

Rides:
    Honda MSX125
    the black van passin me? he was right up my arse so i moved over just to let him go.

and yeah the screenwash is a nasty horrible substance :)

13. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    not trying to be a cunt, a few of the things I saw in your vids have just made me shudder, weve all been there but
    just a little advice..
    use your lane more, treat it as YOUR lane, YOU are using it. don't let cunts do shit like that.
    stick to the middle of the lane. have you watched roadcraftnottinghams lane positioning videos yet? that's how I learned how to take bends. it got me through my test and has kept me safe.
    use your lane, don't go to the gutter, use the whole lane. when somebody tries to overtake and your doing the limit, as they go to pull out, pull out with them. it pisses them off no end and they wont do it again.
    defensive riding. practice it.
    check out road craft nottinghams youtube channel, watch some of his videos, when your sitting there at the computer some don't make sense but when you listen, watch and actually put it into practise on the bike trust me you will notice a BIG difference in your riding, itll be a lot smoother and progressive.
    when your out on a straight road, go to the right a little.
    if your not already doing it, try the no brake game, engine break as much as you can going upto some lights, ideally by the time you stop, you want to be in 1st or 2nd when you stop.
    a good one to practice here and there on a car park, clutch control, see how slow you can go feathering the throttle and using the clutch, it really helps with filtering, trust me.

14. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    we all hate dickheads in cars and vans that are out to just be cunts but don't let them win.
    dont let them past unless your below speedlimit, when theyre up your arse, slow down little by little, piss them off a bit, then floor it. when theyre angry just smile and wave.
    taught that by my instructor who has 35 years experience, the same guy who took me out after I passed my test on a lesson with my brother and leant down doing 60mph on a bend and pointed at my brothers L plate when some dick on a Harley got too close.

15. supraking

Rides:
    Honda MSX125
    Cheers mate. The clutch bite is right on the end of travel which is taking a little bit of getting used to.
    Positioning. Yeah I'm used to being stuck doing 27mph where I spend most of my time looking behind me and staying out ofthe way.

I love roadcraft. And am learning a lot from him another's it's just getting it in practice

16. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    the clutch can be adjusted on these very easily, youtube it and you can get it to a point where its mid way in when you pull in on the lever (that's where I like it though)
    road positioning isn't the easiest thing to learn, it took me two months to get it, just don't put yourself in the gutter, stop doing it ;) :)
    the best method is to think "what would he say" in certain situations. it helped me loads when I was having my lessons leading upto test and during my test. get your big boy bike licence done and come play with the big boys ;)

17. supraking

Rides:
    Honda MSX125
    haha, im really not sure i want a big bike. giving serious thought to just doing my 125 test

18. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    you don't have to have a big bike to do the big bike test, seriously id just get the test out the way and done with on a training school bike, the experience on a bigger bike is always good to have, so that way your not restricted should you ever want to step up to a 250cc or a 400cc for the longer journeys, I get the not wanting to leave 125s thing but its a waste of money and time doing the 125 test, just do big bike test and carry on riding a 125 if that's what your comfortable with.

19. supraking

Rides:
    Honda MSX125
    Hmm a2 test is a possibility. Imnotentirly sure I can move the heavier bikes around though

20. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    go to a local training centre and they'll be able to help etc.
    its honestly not that hard moving a bigger bike around, ive found that leaning the bike into your side helps a lot when theyre heavier. but on A2 you wont be on that heavy of a bike anyway.