more bore kit questions

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Hursty, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Hursty

Hursty New Member

ok i really wanna get a bore kit but generally dont have a clue about them..

1. with a bore kit .. do the piston and rings have to be changed every so often?
    2. with a bore kit and a 19mm carb.. is it gunna kane my fuel ?
    3. do carbs like the stage 6 one work well with every make of borekit?
    4. do carbs come with the fuel/airmixture set up (i doubt it myself)
    5. what would the best bore kit be for generally using the bike every day and to have the best performance?
    6. what would the best size/ make of carb be for a 70 kit? (i had in my head that i wud get a 19mm cause i think thats gunna kane my fuel as it is)
    7. how would i know what spark plug to get for the 70kit?
    8. will the 70 bore be ok on my standard crank ?

thats it for now.. ill ask more when i can think of them

anyhelp is much apreciated..

ben.

2. Nrg-Jay

Nrg-Jay New Member

Answered em on your MSN lol :w00t:

3. Purplepill

Purplepill Member

1. obviously, same with any cylinder
    2. no, i hardly even noticed a fuel difference with bore an 21mm, but it will use more.
    3. if correcly set up
    4. yes, but not for your bike :p
    5. MHR rep
    6. 19/21mm with MHR rep
    7. you use the same type although it may be at a different angle an if your bikes a/c you may have to cut away at the cylinder air jacket so the plug fits.
    8. yes

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    well done that man.. (aint been about in a while bruv.. you cool?)

5. Hursty

Hursty New Member

will i regret boring it out ?? also i think im gunna go with the malossi mhr rep kit.. with a 19mm carb etc.. with an mhr kit.. should i get an uprated crank ?? .. surely it will put alot more pressure on my crank with the mhr.. as opposed to a cast iron 70 kit..

whats the difference between these malossi kits and the polini or stage 6 bore kits ??

for some reason i got 19mm carb in my head.. but whats better to use for every day use and quite a bit of power ??

also this set up looks ok ?
    http://www.andreasgustafsson.com/yamahaaerox.html

ben. :D

6. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

The 19mm will be fine.

You can run a stock crank with a MHR Rep as they don't put out a crazy amount of power. It will put more stress on the crank but i've never heard of anyone snapping a crank with an MHR Rep kit.

Stage6 are good kits. Cheap, quite well made, good power but they have 1 ring so reliability is out the window.

The Polini Corsa is Polini's version of the MHR Rep. They are both mid-race 2 ringed kits. The Corsa puts out slightly less power and costs slightly more.

You will never regret fitting a 70cc kit as it will put a big smile on your face. ;)

7. Hursty

Hursty New Member

i have narrowed myself down to 2 kits then :w00t: ..

scooter-attack part number below..
    Malossi MHR rep: M318430
    Polini Corsa kit: P166.0083/R

but with these kits.. how often will i have to change the piston and/or rings..

and these kits will be good on my crank right ?

also the polini kit comes with alot more than the malossi kit..

i will probably get a stage 6 black dellorto carb (19mm)

thing is.. i want my ped that bit quicker.. but i want a reliable bore kit... i see that the cast iron kits are really good for reliability but dont produce as much power.. so maybe a cast iron kit is for me.. but how much more power will a cast iron kit produce over a standard 50 kit ?? and will it "power wheelie"

hopefully with a 70kit and a 19mm carb it doesnt kane my fuel..

because i dont know much about bore kits etc.. i WILL take other peoples adivce.. as i dont know whats best :w00t:
    ben.

8. Purplepill

Purplepill Member

yea not too bad, failed my A2 test again the other day though with another stupid mistake :rtfm:

on the good side of things, picked up a NRG with mint running engine for £20 and the tit had just spent 30 on a new panel :pimp: so stripped it to a frame and engine, cushion as a seat an usin it as a stunt bike lol, soon as it blows up il sell a panel to make my money back :rofl:

EDIT: do you know if the malaguti phantom 100cc uses the same engine as an aerox 100cc? because its well hard to find parts for it.