Monkey bike 108cc

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Christian Thorne, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Christian Thorne

Christian Thorne New Member

I bought my Monkey bike new in 1999 and have done lots of modifications to it over the years.
    I have decided it’s time sell it now after all theses years.
    I have bought a project Gilera runner 125 2t 1997 that i will be starting to work on once I have sold my Monkey bike and I have put it on eBay last night.
    here it is with a couple videos if you want a look at it.
    http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...29508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Never forget that Monkey I saw on u-tube with a Tzr125 motor.:):).

Christian Thorne likes this.
  3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Cool.
    You will regret selling that to buy a runner....
    Ever had it on the dyno?

4. Christian Thorne

I had built a 88cc previously before the 108 and that was 8.5bhp at the back wheel.
    I have bought a project runner and feel like a change over to a 2 stroke again and a bike that is less likely to. Be stolen and like the thought of more body work protection for me on wet journeys to work etc.

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Ah fair point about the theft, you can pick up a monkey and put it in a car...
    Runners do get targeted for theft though...
    Not seen a runner in ages. You are lucky to get a standard one

6. Christian Thorne

I like a standard one as I like it to be less molested the better for me as I know it’s less messed up and know what I got to start with.
    But Iam terrible for modifying everything I have owned especially if it has a engine.
    most cars I have owned have had at least have had a remap. Several have had engines built with modifications to them even my Petrol lawman mower was modified as I am a local lawn mower racing champion.
    Iam thinking the runners are on the up in price now as there were the start to a end of a era as in not held back with emissions control management systems etc.
    I wanted to paint it in Marlboro race bike replica style colours but Iam not going to because the runner I bought is the first year and reg they made. it’s the first Gilera runner my local dealer sold when they became Gilera dealers.
    this one has a drum rear brake not disc as it’s the first version no 1 so I feel I should keep it standard but I will end modifying it but I’ll take the original engine out and keep it safe with its exhaust etc on a shelf in the garage and I’ll get another used engine maybe strip that recondition that and build it modifying it as I go through it.
    I’ll keep the bike looking standard have better disc and pads etc but stick to the original theme.

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah resto mod.
    The terminals on the bulbs are worth swapping out, they rust up real fast.
    It's those little things that make it all that much better over time.

8. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

All sounds a bit nutty to me :p Keep the monkey bike.

Christian Thorne likes this.
  9. Christian Thorne

nutty. That’s the kind of guy Iam.

milo2025 likes this.