Mojito 125cc Headlight required

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by mrklunk, Aug 19, 2017.

1. mrklunk

mrklunk New Member

Hi Folks,

The headlight casing has sheared off - it's plastic so no surprise there. Any idea where I can gert a used one? New one is £90? Lot's of similar fittings on eBay but look like they are for custom motorbikes? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    aprilia version ?

ebay if not you could look at AJ SUTTON website , i know theres two types cowled plastic version where there is a plastic cowl that surrounds the lamp itself, or theres the open retro style without cowl.

if its the lamp itself 9-10 times the cheap ebay things should fit so long as they state " to fit aprilia mojito " you will be fine.

and let me be the first to welcome you to the Shack Mr Klunk

mrklunk likes this.
  3. mrklunk

mrklunk New Member

Hey thanks a lot! :)

The lamp is fine it's just the plastic cowling? Will try AJ Sutton as eBay made my head hurt. I'd prefer to get something that wasn't plastic but wouldn't know where to start. The plastic cowling will just shear off again eventually as they are obviously not fit for purpose. Now I'mremmebering why I wanted a PCX! :)

Cheers

Klunk.

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    if the old one is not to badly damaged you could coat it in vasaline then lay fibreglass over to create a new owl in something with a little more meat, probelm lays with your going to have a nice outer shape but the inner will be missing the lugs and screw capture points. if your careful you could mark out those spots and build up with layerings for glassfibre so you can drill holes into and have them act as the new anchor points.

yep sadly plastic is not like it used to be ie what was on the old honda cubs and likes , these days its just a cheaply made injection mould job to keep costs down and more money into pockets